Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Julio Jones (foot surgery) should be 100 percent by Falcons' camp March 23rd, 2017
- Patriots may be only landing spot for Darrelle Revis March 23rd, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Cleveland no longer expected to make play for Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns may be shifting sights to Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Washington adds Terrelle Pryor for one-year, $6 million March 10th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins won't negotiate long-term deal with Washington March 10th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins officially signs $23.94 million franchise tender March 10th, 2017