Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (knee) ahead of schedule heading into OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Kendall Wright signs on with Vikings for a year March 31st, 2018
- Vikings re-sign Kai Forbath to one-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Vikings ink Sheldon Richardson to one-year deal March 16th, 2018
- Rapoport: Vikings acquire Trevor Siemian from Broncos to be Kirk Cousins' backup March 14th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins will reportedly sign three-year deal with the Vikings March 13th, 2018