Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Russell Wilson totals 3 touchdowns in Seahawks' loss November 20th, 2017
- Matt Ryan passes for 2 TDs in Falcons' win over Seahawks November 20th, 2017
- Seahawks' Mike Davis (groin) out for remainder of Monday Night Football November 20th, 2017
- Rams' Robert Woods (shoulder) expected to be out a couple of weeks November 20th, 2017
- Seahawks' Thomas Rawls a healthy scratch against Atlanta November 20th, 2017
- Giants' Orleans Darkwa (hamstring) limited at practice on Monday November 20th, 2017
- Redskins' Jordan Reed (hamstring) not practicing Monday November 20th, 2017
- Terrelle Pryor (ankle) will be placed on Washington's Injured Reserve November 20th, 2017
- Washington's Terrelle Pryor undergoing ankle scope Monday November 20th, 2017
- Vernon Davis totals 67 yards in Redskins' Week 11 loss November 20th, 2017
- Josh Doctson posts a career high in yards as Redskins fall in Week 11 November 20th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder catches seven passes in Redskins' Week 11 defeat November 20th, 2017