Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Rob Gronkowski announces he will return to Patriots for 2018 season April 24th, 2018
- Tom Brady's agent says the Pats' quarterback will be back in 2018 April 23rd, 2018
- Willie Snead signs with Ravens after Saints decline to match offer sheet April 23rd, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Redskins acquire quarterback Kevin Hogan in trade with Browns April 7th, 2018
- Paul Richardson reportedly heading to Washington with 5-year, $40 million contract March 13th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins will reportedly sign three-year deal with the Vikings March 13th, 2018
- Report: Redskins allowing Bashaud Breeland to test free agency March 10th, 2018
- Allen Robinson reportedly told by Jaguars he won't be tagged March 6th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins not expected to get franchised tagged by Washington March 1st, 2018