Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington
Washington Redskins free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal, reports ESPN's Jason Reid.
Reid's sources are "former [Washington] officials who know Kirk Cousins," and it validates an earlier report this week claiming the two sides haven't made any progress in long-term discussions. It's fair to wonder if this is coming from the old Shanahan regime, as former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle -- now the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers -- has never been shy about his infatuation with Cousins. With the 28-year-old quarterback growing tired of how general manager Scot McCloughan and the front office have handled negotiations the past two offseasons, a reunion with Shanahan in San Francisco could be on the horizon.
Cousins earned the sixth-most Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back at least 100 times in 2016.
- Danny Woodhead (ACL) practicing at full strength for Ravens May 26th, 2017
- Jerick McKinnon seeing first-team work in Vikings' backfield May 26th, 2017
- Bears' Kevin White (leg) 'working to align his stride' May 26th, 2017
- Branden Oliver looks impressive at Chargers' OTAs May 26th, 2017
- Chiefs unlikely to remove Spencer Ware as starter May 26th, 2017
- Dolphins say Jay Ajayi could push for 350 carries May 26th, 2017
- Washington willing to use a third franchise tag on Kirk Cousins May 23rd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles') looking healthy this spring May 21st, 2017
- Washington fourth-rounder Samaje Perine continues to receive praise May 17th, 2017
- Washington ignoring Kirk Cousins' contract for now May 15th, 2017
- Samaje Perine should start for Washington in Week 1 May 15th, 2017