Bills' Stephon Gilmore looking to be paid as a top-five cornerback
Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will be seeking a long-term contract that pays him top-five cornerback money when he becomes a free agent in the spring, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550 Buffalo.
Gilmore doesn't seem to be particularly sold on staying in Buffalo, having said earlier about his free agency "Whatever happens is going to happen, but I want to be wanted wherever I go.". Don't be surprised if the Bills use the franchise tag on Gilmore, which is expected to be around $14.31 million for cornerbacks this season.
The Bills only finished 20th in our Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play metric last season, but Gilmore was easily one of the strongest pieces in that unit.
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Tom Brady reportedly sitting out of Patriots' OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018
- New England Patriots use the 31st pick on RB Sony Michel April 26th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski announces he will return to Patriots for 2018 season April 24th, 2018
- Tom Brady's agent says the Pats' quarterback will be back in 2018 April 23rd, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018