Bills' Stephon Gilmore looking to be paid as a top-five cornerback
Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will be seeking a long-term contract that pays him top-five cornerback money when he becomes a free agent in the spring, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550 Buffalo.
Gilmore doesn't seem to be particularly sold on staying in Buffalo, having said earlier about his free agency "Whatever happens is going to happen, but I want to be wanted wherever I go.". Don't be surprised if the Bills use the franchise tag on Gilmore, which is expected to be around $14.31 million for cornerbacks this season.
The Bills only finished 20th in our Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play metric last season, but Gilmore was easily one of the strongest pieces in that unit.
- Saints' Drew Brees has no plans to test free agent market January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks projected as the top fantasy wideout for the Conference Championships January 16th, 2018
- Eagles' Jay Ajayi projected for 67 total yards against Vikings Sunday January 16th, 2018
- Vikings' Latavius Murray projected for 53 rushing yards on Sunday January 16th, 2018
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette not injured in car accident on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Eagles' Nick Foles will face the NFL's top defense in NFC Championship January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski looking to build off impressive performance in Divisional Round January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Dion Lewis projected for a busy game against Jacksonville January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady knows the Jaguars won't give him a lot of time to throw January 16th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) expected to play for Patriots in AFC Championship Game January 15th, 2018
- Chris Hogan finds the endzone on his lone reception in Patriots' win January 14th, 2018
- Brandin Cooks kept in check in Patriots' win over Titans January 14th, 2018