Bills' Stephon Gilmore looking to be paid as a top-five cornerback
Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will be seeking a long-term contract that pays him top-five cornerback money when he becomes a free agent in the spring, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550 Buffalo.
Gilmore doesn't seem to be particularly sold on staying in Buffalo, having said earlier about his free agency "Whatever happens is going to happen, but I want to be wanted wherever I go.". Don't be surprised if the Bills use the franchise tag on Gilmore, which is expected to be around $14.31 million for cornerbacks this season.
The Bills only finished 20th in our Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play metric last season, but Gilmore was easily one of the strongest pieces in that unit.
- Dolphins' Julius Thomas feels better than ever April 22nd, 2017
- Giants being coy about Odell Beckham's fifth-year option April 22nd, 2017
- Blake Bortles's fifth-year option still not picked up by Jaguars April 22nd, 2017
- Raiders offering Marshawn Lynch $3 million contract April 22nd, 2017
- Washington re-signs Chris Thompson to one-year deal April 22nd, 2017
- Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for Bengals' training camp April 19th, 2017
- Bills undecided on matching Patriots' offer to Mike Gillislee April 22nd, 2017
- Patriots sign Mike Gillislee to a $6.4 million offer sheet April 18th, 2017
- Bills host free agent Deshawn Shead for workout March 15th, 2017
- Justin Hunter joins Steelers' receiving corps March 15th, 2017
- Lorenzo Alexander re-signs with Bills March 11th, 2017
- Bills release veteran Corey Graham March 10th, 2017