Bills' Stephon Gilmore looking to be paid as a top-five cornerback
Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will be seeking a long-term contract that pays him top-five cornerback money when he becomes a free agent in the spring, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550 Buffalo.
Gilmore doesn't seem to be particularly sold on staying in Buffalo, having said earlier about his free agency "Whatever happens is going to happen, but I want to be wanted wherever I go.". Don't be surprised if the Bills use the franchise tag on Gilmore, which is expected to be around $14.31 million for cornerbacks this season.
The Bills only finished 20th in our Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play metric last season, but Gilmore was easily one of the strongest pieces in that unit.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Jaguars' Marcedes Lewis unlikely to move the needle this weekend January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' Trey Burton not expected to play a big role on Sunday January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Patriots won't activate Malcolm Mitchell (knee) from I.R. January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Stephen Gostkowski projected as the top kicker again this weekend January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski looking to build off impressive performance in Divisional Round January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Dion Lewis projected for a busy game against Jacksonville January 16th, 2018