Bills' Stephon Gilmore looking to be paid as a top-five cornerback
Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will be seeking a long-term contract that pays him top-five cornerback money when he becomes a free agent in the spring, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550 Buffalo.
Gilmore doesn't seem to be particularly sold on staying in Buffalo, having said earlier about his free agency "Whatever happens is going to happen, but I want to be wanted wherever I go.". Don't be surprised if the Bills use the franchise tag on Gilmore, which is expected to be around $14.31 million for cornerbacks this season.
The Bills only finished 20th in our Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play metric last season, but Gilmore was easily one of the strongest pieces in that unit.
- Eagles reportedly sign Mike Wallace to 1-year deal March 22nd, 2018
- Frank Gore signs 1-year deal with Dolphins March 22nd, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Corey Grant reportedly re-signs with Jaguars for a year March 22nd, 2018
- Giants trade Jason Pierre-Paul to Buccaneers March 22nd, 2018
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Patriots acquire Cordarrelle Patterson from Raiders March 18th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Update: Patriots have twins, acquire Jason McCourty from Browns March 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead reportedly re-signs with Patriots on multi-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Browns deal defensive tackle Danny Shelton to Patriots March 10th, 2018
- Martellus Bennett released by Patriots March 7th, 2018