Jets' Darrelle Revis facing possible charges for assault, robbery
New York Jets defensive back Darrelle Revis is facing "pending" charges of aggravated assault, robbery, "conspiracy" and "making terroristic threats" following a weekend brawl in his native Pittsburgh.
According to the police report, Revis became agitated when a man refused to stop filming him with his cellphone. This allegedly provoked Revis to throw the phone in the street, explaining the "robbery" charge. Oh, he's also alleged to have knocked two men unconscious. It's less-than-ideal circumstances for an aging corner coming off the worst year of his career who is already seen as a cut-candidate for the Jets this offseason.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked fourth-worst this past season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Cardinals' Kevin Minter wants to sign with Jets February 22nd, 2017
- Jets may have some interest in Chicago's Jay Cutler February 22nd, 2017
- Jets able to void Darrelle Revis' contract if he faces league discipline February 17th, 2017
- Jets' Darrelle Revis officially charged with four felonies February 17th, 2017
- Jets' Darrelle Revis facing possible charges for assault, robbery February 16th, 2017
- '75 percent' chance that Jets release Darrelle Revis February 14th, 2017