Jets' Darrelle Revis facing possible charges for assault, robbery
New York Jets defensive back Darrelle Revis is facing "pending" charges of aggravated assault, robbery, "conspiracy" and "making terroristic threats" following a weekend brawl in his native Pittsburgh.
According to the police report, Revis became agitated when a man refused to stop filming him with his cellphone. This allegedly provoked Revis to throw the phone in the street, explaining the "robbery" charge. Oh, he's also alleged to have knocked two men unconscious. It's less-than-ideal circumstances for an aging corner coming off the worst year of his career who is already seen as a cut-candidate for the Jets this offseason.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked fourth-worst this past season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Robby Anderson not a lock to keep Jets' starting job July 15th, 2017
- Josh McCown may lose starting job before Jets' Week 1 July 9th, 2017
- Jets happy with Christian Hackenberg's progress June 29th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017