Rashad Jennings cut by Giants
The New York Giants released running back Rashad Jennings.
Jennings' release creates $2.5 million in cap space for the Giants. He averaged 3.27 yards per carry this year and will be 32 by the start of next season, meaning there likely won't be too much guaranteed money for Jennings on the open market. Expect to see him land a short-term deal for a complimentary role somewhere.
Among the 54 running backs with at least 80 carries this past season, Jennings' Rushing Net Expected Points per carry was ninth-worst.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020