Lorenzo Alexander does not fit Bills' new defensive scheme
Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander isn't a "system fit" in new head coach Sean McDermott's 4-3 defense, ESPN reporter Mike Rodak doesn't believe.
Alexander is coming off a career year at 33 years old after tallying 12.5 sacks, tying for third-most in the league. He entered 2016 with nine career sacks across his previous 127 games. This was almost certainly an outlier year. A stand-up edge rusher for previous head coach Rex Ryan, Alexander has also never really played with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end.
Buffalo's defense slumped to 20th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play this year.
- Javorius Allen sees just 4 touches in Ravens' shutout win November 20th, 2017
- Charcandrick West gains 24 yards on 8 touches in Chiefs' loss November 20th, 2017
- Jalen Richard gains 28 yards in Raiders' loss to New England November 20th, 2017
- Kenyan Drake a no-show in Dolphins' loss November 20th, 2017
- T.J. Yeldon doesn't do much in Jacksonville's Week 11 win November 20th, 2017
- Chris Ivory gains 6 yards in Jaguars' win November 20th, 2017
- Bills' Tyrod Taylor totals 2 touchdowns in relief of Nathan Peterman November 19th, 2017
- Bills' Nathan Peterman benched after throwing 5 interceptions in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- LeSean McCoy totals 126 yards and 2 touchdowns in Bills' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017
- Bills' Kelvin Benjamin (knee) out for remainder of the game November 19th, 2017
- Bills' Jordan Matthews (knee) inactive on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Bills' Jordan Matthews (knee) likely to go in Week 11 November 19th, 2017