Lorenzo Alexander does not fit Bills' new defensive scheme
Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander isn't a "system fit" in new head coach Sean McDermott's 4-3 defense, ESPN reporter Mike Rodak doesn't believe.
Alexander is coming off a career year at 33 years old after tallying 12.5 sacks, tying for third-most in the league. He entered 2016 with nine career sacks across his previous 127 games. This was almost certainly an outlier year. A stand-up edge rusher for previous head coach Rex Ryan, Alexander has also never really played with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end.
Buffalo's defense slumped to 20th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play this year.
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Chargers' Corey Liuget slapped with 4-game PED suspension March 23rd, 2018
- Brock Osweiler expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins March 23rd, 2018
- Eagles' Michael Bennett indicted on felony charge March 23rd, 2018
- Allen Hurns, Jaguars reportedly agree to 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Panthers reportedly adding Da'Norris Searcy to secondary with 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Bills' Zay Jones has felony vandalism charges dropped March 23rd, 2018
- Bills' Zay Jones arrested, charged with felony vandalism March 20th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron lands starting opportunity with Bills, signs 2-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Trent Murphy, Bills reportedly agree on 3-year, $21 million contract March 14th, 2018
- Browns reportedly acquire Tyrod Taylor from Bills for 2018 3rd-round pick March 9th, 2018
- Chris Ivory agrees to 2-year deal with Bills March 6th, 2018