Lorenzo Alexander does not fit Bills' new defensive scheme
Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Lorenzo Alexander isn't a "system fit" in new head coach Sean McDermott's 4-3 defense, ESPN reporter Mike Rodak doesn't believe.
Alexander is coming off a career year at 33 years old after tallying 12.5 sacks, tying for third-most in the league. He entered 2016 with nine career sacks across his previous 127 games. This was almost certainly an outlier year. A stand-up edge rusher for previous head coach Rex Ryan, Alexander has also never really played with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end.
Buffalo's defense slumped to 20th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play this year.
- Saints' Alvin Kamara projected for 16.47 touches in Week 7 October 16th, 2018
- Devonta Freeman lands on Falcons' injured reserve with foot injury October 16th, 2018
- Evan Engram (knee) practicing for Giants Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Giants' owner: Odell Beckham should play more, talk less October 16th, 2018
- Josh Gordon's role with Patriots 'expanding weekly' October 16th, 2018
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert replaces Alfred Morris, runs for 87 yards October 16th, 2018
- Josh Allen (elbow) reportedly ruled out for Bills Week 7 October 16th, 2018
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Josh Allen week-to-week for Bills with elbow injury October 15th, 2018
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) questionable to return against Texans October 14th, 2018
- Bills coach Sean McDermott doesn't dismiss LeSean McCoy trade rumors October 10th, 2018
- Sean McDermott: Josh Allen shouldering load for Bills 'unrealistic' October 9th, 2018