Jimmy Garoppolo will not net Patriots a first-round pick in trade
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will not fetch a first-round pick, believes The Monday Morning Quarterback's Andrew Brandt.
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes the Philadelphia Eagles' haul for Sam Bradford (1st and 4th round picks) is the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Garoppolo, but Brandt does not believe the two situations are comparable. The Vikings were desperate after losing Teddy Bridgewater to a serious knee injury. If the Patriots cannot nab an early pick, they could decide to let Garoppolo play out the final year of his contract and hope for a high conditional pick when he inevitably signs elsewhere in 2018 free agency.
If Garoppolo were eligible, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would rank first among quarterbacks this season.
- Cowboys' second-year tight end Blake Jarwin was starter in spring June 20th, 2018
- Allen Hurns working as Cowboys' 'clear-cut' number-one June 20th, 2018
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers move up in second round to draft WR Dante Pettis April 27th, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers draft OT Mike McGlinchey with ninth pick April 26th, 2018
- 49ers won't allow Reuben Foster to participate in team activities April 15th, 2018