Jimmy Garoppolo will not net Patriots a first-round pick in trade
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will not fetch a first-round pick, believes The Monday Morning Quarterback's Andrew Brandt.
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes the Philadelphia Eagles' haul for Sam Bradford (1st and 4th round picks) is the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Garoppolo, but Brandt does not believe the two situations are comparable. The Vikings were desperate after losing Teddy Bridgewater to a serious knee injury. If the Patriots cannot nab an early pick, they could decide to let Garoppolo play out the final year of his contract and hope for a high conditional pick when he inevitably signs elsewhere in 2018 free agency.
If Garoppolo were eligible, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would rank first among quarterbacks this season.
- DeSean Jackson totals 64 yards in Buccaneers' Week 14 loss December 11th, 2017
- Josh Doctson quiet as Redskins offense struggles December 11th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder does little in Redskins' Week 14 defeat December 11th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin scores touchdown, suffers setback with knee in Bills' victory December 11th, 2017
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph continues touchdown streak despite Week 14 loss December 11th, 2017
- T.Y. Hilton does little in the snow as Colts fall to Bills December 11th, 2017
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde scores for the first time since Week 6 in Sunday's win December 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Garoppolo throws for career-high 334 yards in 49ers' win December 10th, 2017
- Marquise Goodwin could see another big workload for 49ers in Week 14 December 6th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde totals 66 scoreless yards on 19 touches in 49ers' victory December 4th, 2017
- Jimmy Garoppolo throws for 293 yards in first 49ers' start December 3rd, 2017
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin leads the NFL with 4 catches of 50-plus yards December 1st, 2017