Jimmy Garoppolo will not net Patriots a first-round pick in trade
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will not fetch a first-round pick, believes The Monday Morning Quarterback's Andrew Brandt.
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes the Philadelphia Eagles' haul for Sam Bradford (1st and 4th round picks) is the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Garoppolo, but Brandt does not believe the two situations are comparable. The Vikings were desperate after losing Teddy Bridgewater to a serious knee injury. If the Patriots cannot nab an early pick, they could decide to let Garoppolo play out the final year of his contract and hope for a high conditional pick when he inevitably signs elsewhere in 2018 free agency.
If Garoppolo were eligible, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would rank first among quarterbacks this season.
- Brock Osweiler will start Browns' second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- Chad Williams not likely to make rookie impact for Cardinals August 16th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery (leg) will miss second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- LeGarrette Blount underwhelming at Eagles camp August 16th, 2017
- Samaje Perine remains behind Rob Kelley on Washington's depth chart August 16th, 2017
- Cowboys' Rico Gathers in concussion protocol August 16th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017