Jimmy Garoppolo will not net Patriots a first-round pick in trade
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will not fetch a first-round pick, believes The Monday Morning Quarterback's Andrew Brandt.
ESPN's Adam Schefter believes the Philadelphia Eagles' haul for Sam Bradford (1st and 4th round picks) is the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Garoppolo, but Brandt does not believe the two situations are comparable. The Vikings were desperate after losing Teddy Bridgewater to a serious knee injury. If the Patriots cannot nab an early pick, they could decide to let Garoppolo play out the final year of his contract and hope for a high conditional pick when he inevitably signs elsewhere in 2018 free agency.
If Garoppolo were eligible, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would rank first among quarterbacks this season.
- Lions' Golden Tate (shoulder) seen sporting a sling October 21st, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is listed as questionable for Monday October 21st, 2017
- Bashaud Breeland (knee) questionable for Redskins in Week 7 October 21st, 2017
- Redskins' Josh Norman (ribs) out for Week 7 October 21st, 2017
- Seahawks' Jeremy Lane (groin) ruled out for Week 7 October 21st, 2017
- Browns' Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman sent home from Houston last week October 21st, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (ribs) limited again for Patriots Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- James White totals 45 yards in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee loses fumble in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan held to 1 catch in win over Jets October 15th, 2017