Johnathan Hankins could walk from Giants
The New York Giants aren't expected to prioritize re-signing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.
Hankins is wrapping up his rookie deal, and the Giants may not have the cash to throw at him after handing out big-money deals to fellow defensive linemen Olivier Vernon and Damon Harrison last year. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is also an impending free agent and is consider more of a priority. Hankins turns 25 in March and was one of the league's best run-stoppers in 2015.
The Giants' defense ranked third best against the run this season, by schedule-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play.
- Jags and Dolphins nearing completion of a Julius Thomas for Branden Albert trade February 19th, 2017
- Rams interested in Kirk Cousins if Washington doesn't sign him long-term February 19th, 2017
- Cowboys will consult Tony Romo before any move February 19th, 2017
- 49ers could be landing spot for Falcons' Jacob Tamme February 19th, 2017
- Giovani Bernard (ACL) will avoid Bengals' PUP list for 2017 February 19th, 2017
- Patriots still interested even if Martellus Bennett tests free agency February 19th, 2017
- Vikings' Adrian Peterson intrigued by Giants' offseason moves February 16th, 2017
- Paul Perkins is new leader in Giants' backfield February 14th, 2017
- NFL scout believes free agent Victor Cruz is 'probably done' February 14th, 2017
- Giants want to lock up Jason Pierre-Paul prior to free agency February 14th, 2017
- Rashad Jennings cut by Giants February 13th, 2017
- Giants save $7.5 million by releasing Victor Cruz February 13th, 2017