Johnathan Hankins could walk from Giants
The New York Giants aren't expected to prioritize re-signing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.
Hankins is wrapping up his rookie deal, and the Giants may not have the cash to throw at him after handing out big-money deals to fellow defensive linemen Olivier Vernon and Damon Harrison last year. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is also an impending free agent and is consider more of a priority. Hankins turns 25 in March and was one of the league's best run-stoppers in 2015.
The Giants' defense ranked third best against the run this season, by schedule-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play.
- Chad Henne to start Jaguars' third preseason game August 23rd, 2017
- 49ers say former Olympian Marquise Goodwin can be 'special' August 23rd, 2017
- Former Carolina Panther on Devin Funchess: 'There's no dog in this guy' August 23rd, 2017
- Seahawks wide receiver Jermaine Kearse in no danger of being cut August 23rd, 2017
- Chargers' Travis Benjamin having a productive preseason August 23rd, 2017
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor favorite for slot receiver role August 23rd, 2017
- Colts' Donte Moncrief (shoulder) practicing non-contact August 23rd, 2017
- Erik Swoope could miss several weeks for Colts August 23rd, 2017
- Jack Doyle being targeted early by Colts August 23rd, 2017
- Andrew Luck (shoulder) still out indefinitely for Colts August 23rd, 2017
- Colts' Robert Turbin continues to hold on to back up job August 22nd, 2017
- Colts' Andrew Luck reportedly throwing 30-yard passes on Monday August 22nd, 2017