Johnathan Hankins could walk from Giants
The New York Giants aren't expected to prioritize re-signing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.
Hankins is wrapping up his rookie deal, and the Giants may not have the cash to throw at him after handing out big-money deals to fellow defensive linemen Olivier Vernon and Damon Harrison last year. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is also an impending free agent and is consider more of a priority. Hankins turns 25 in March and was one of the league's best run-stoppers in 2015.
The Giants' defense ranked third best against the run this season, by schedule-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play.
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Julio Jones (foot surgery) should be 100 percent by Falcons' camp March 23rd, 2017
- Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants March 17th, 2017
- Giants lock up Jason Pierre-Paul on four-year agreement March 17th, 2017
- Free agent Johnathan Hankins looking for $10 million in deal March 16th, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017
- Giants hosting free agent Geno Smith March 11th, 2017
- Martellus Bennett confirms he's not returning to Patriots March 9th, 2017