Johnathan Hankins could walk from Giants
The New York Giants aren't expected to prioritize re-signing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.
Hankins is wrapping up his rookie deal, and the Giants may not have the cash to throw at him after handing out big-money deals to fellow defensive linemen Olivier Vernon and Damon Harrison last year. Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is also an impending free agent and is consider more of a priority. Hankins turns 25 in March and was one of the league's best run-stoppers in 2015.
The Giants' defense ranked third best against the run this season, by schedule-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Tampa Bay makes Ryan Jensen NFL's highest-paid center March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018
- Frank Gore will not be re-signed by the Colts February 28th, 2018
- Colts allowing Rashaan Melvin to test free agency February 28th, 2018
- Vontae Davis to sign a one-year deal with Buffalo February 26th, 2018
- Adam Vinatieri re-signs with Colts on one-year deal February 22nd, 2018