Jonathan Stewart may be cut candidate for Panthers this offseason
The Carolina Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason, ESPN reporter David Newton mentions.
He's coming off recent lows in rushing yards (824) and yards-per-carry (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line and still scored nine touchdowns. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut, but he has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries this season, Stewart's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per carry ranked 29th. He was 27th in Rushing Success Rate as well (the percent of rushing plays resulting in a positive NEP gain).
- Rams' Gerald Everett not expected to be big factor against Vikings November 18th, 2017
- Seahawks remove Eddie Lacy from Week 11 injury report November 18th, 2017
- Browns' David Njoku projected for more production in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Chiefs' Harrison Butker projected as fourth-best kicker in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman has not been cleared for Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected as top-3 kicking option in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel (ankle) out for the season November 14th, 2017
- Greg Olsen (foot) expected to return for Panthers in Week 12 November 14th, 2017
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel's ankle injury could be season-ending November 14th, 2017
- Ed Dickson scores 1st touchdown of season in Panthers' win November 14th, 2017
- Curtis Samuel may have suffered serious ankle injury in Panthers' win on Monday night November 14th, 2017
- Cam Newton throws for 4 touchdowns in Panthers rout of the Dolphins November 13th, 2017