Jonathan Stewart may be cut candidate for Panthers this offseason
The Carolina Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason, ESPN reporter David Newton mentions.
He's coming off recent lows in rushing yards (824) and yards-per-carry (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line and still scored nine touchdowns. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut, but he has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries this season, Stewart's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per carry ranked 29th. He was 27th in Rushing Success Rate as well (the percent of rushing plays resulting in a positive NEP gain).
- Julius Thomas a possible target for Chargers May 27th, 2018
- Eagles' Corey Clement wants more touches in 2018 May 27th, 2018
- Buccaneers could be interested in Adrian Peterson May 27th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) a limited participant in Giants' OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Giants waive Paul Perkins under injury designation May 10th, 2018
- New York Giants select RB Saquon Barkley with the second pick in the NFL Draft April 26th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Landon Collins (forearm) says he'll require second surgery April 12th, 2018