Jonathan Stewart may be cut candidate for Panthers this offseason
The Carolina Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason, ESPN reporter David Newton mentions.
He's coming off recent lows in rushing yards (824) and yards-per-carry (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line and still scored nine touchdowns. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut, but he has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries this season, Stewart's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per carry ranked 29th. He was 27th in Rushing Success Rate as well (the percent of rushing plays resulting in a positive NEP gain).
- Marlon Mack (shoulder) ruled out for Week 3 by Colts September 22nd, 2017
- Falcons' Matt Bryant projected for a top-five finish in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Ravens' Justin Tucker projected for most made field goals in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Cairo Santos looking to build on a strong Week 2 for the Chiefs September 22nd, 2017
- Raiders' Giorgio Tavecchio projected as Week 3's top kicker September 22nd, 2017
- Ravens rule out Maxx Williams (ankle) for Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Panthers' Graham Gano projected for the most field goal attempts in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin removed from Panthers' injury report September 22nd, 2017
- Cam Newton officially questionable for Panthers in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Panthers' Ed Dickson wants 'all the opportunities' available with Greg Olsen (foot) injured September 22nd, 2017
- Panthers' Cam Newton (ankle, shoulder) remains limited in practice September 21st, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (ribs, knee) returned to Panthers practice on Thursday September 21st, 2017