Jonathan Stewart may be cut candidate for Panthers this offseason
The Carolina Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason, ESPN reporter David Newton mentions.
He's coming off recent lows in rushing yards (824) and yards-per-carry (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line and still scored nine touchdowns. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut, but he has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries this season, Stewart's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per carry ranked 29th. He was 27th in Rushing Success Rate as well (the percent of rushing plays resulting in a positive NEP gain).
- Saints' Drew Brees has no plans to test free agent market January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski looking to build off impressive performance in Divisional Round January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks projected as the top fantasy wideout for the Conference Championships January 16th, 2018
- Eagles' Jay Ajayi projected for 67 total yards against Vikings Sunday January 16th, 2018
- Vikings' Latavius Murray projected for 53 rushing yards on Sunday January 16th, 2018
- Patriots' Dion Lewis projected for a busy game against Jacksonville January 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess (shoulder) officially active against Saints January 7th, 2018
- Panthers' Russell Shepard projected for quiet Wild Card Weekend January 5th, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess (shoulder) will play against the Saints Sunday January 5th, 2018
- Ed Dickson won't be much of a factor for Panthers with Greg Olsen healthy January 4th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen trying to get back on the same page with Cam Newton January 4th, 2018
- Jonathan Stewart (back) a full participant in Panthers' practice on Thursday January 4th, 2018