Ravens could be interested in signing Pierre Garçon
The Baltimore Ravens could sign a veteran receiver this offseason, general manager Ozzie Newsome admitted Tuesday.
Newsome said he'll be in the market for "complementary receivers" following Steve Smith Sr.'s retirement. Pierre Garçon or Kenny Britt would fit the bill in free agency, as would older options Anquan Boldin and Vincent Jackson. The Ravens have a lot of bodies at wideout, but no proven depth behind Mike Wallace.
Garçon is the semi-surprising cream of the crop here, as he was the seventh-best wide receiver in Reception Net Expected Points per target among the 68 wideouts to top 100 targets this year.
- T.J. Lang undergoes scopes, wants to re-sign with Packers January 23rd, 2017
- C.J. Prosise's durability concerns Seahawks' staff January 23rd, 2017
- Packers' Sam Shields (concussion) still having headaches January 23rd, 2017
- Kamalei Correa is inside linebacker in Ravens' eyes January 23rd, 2017
- Panthers may apply franchise tag to Kawann Short January 23rd, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell exited AFC Championship after six touches January 23rd, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley underwent knee surgery January 23rd, 2017
- 49ers pursuing Kirk Cousins if Washington fails to extend him January 23rd, 2017
- Washington may release Pierre Garçon January 4th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins needs to improve decision-making for Washington next year January 2nd, 2017
- Washington expressed concern with Josh Doctson (Achilles') January 2nd, 2017
- Washington pegging Rob Kelley for feature back role in 2017 January 2nd, 2017