Giants thinking about future without Eli Manning
New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese said the team has "started to think about who is the next quarterback" after Eli Manning.
"Eli is 36," Reese said. "So we will look into that as we move into the offseason." He added Monday that Manning is "probably on the back nine of his career." No other quarterback has started a game for the Giants since Eli took over as a rookie in Week 11 of the 2004 season, but it sounds like identifying his eventual successor will be a priority for the team this offseason.
39 quarterbacks dropped back at least 100 times this year, and Manning's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 24th among them. His rate was lower than even Matt Barkley's and a similarly in-decline Carson Palmer.
- Ravens entertaining possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick July 27th, 2017
- Browns' Corey Coleman (hamstring) cleared to practice July 27th, 2017
- Ravens not overly concerned with Joe Flacco's back issue July 27th, 2017
- Broncos' Devontae Booker (wrist) to miss up to eight weeks July 27th, 2017
- Vikings sign Everson Griffen to four-year extension July 26th, 2017
- Cody Kessler opens camp as Browns' starting quarterback July 26th, 2017
- Free agent Rashad Jennings expects to sign with team soon July 10th, 2017
- Giants' Brandon Marshall and Eli Manning doing off-field work July 8th, 2017
- Orleans Darkwa working with Giants' first-team offense June 14th, 2017
- Joe Mauer starting, batting second for Twins on Sunday June 11th, 2017
- Giants lining Evan Engram up everywhere in OTA's May 27th, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham not at OTAs on Thursday May 25th, 2017