Giants thinking about future without Eli Manning
New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese said the team has "started to think about who is the next quarterback" after Eli Manning.
"Eli is 36," Reese said. "So we will look into that as we move into the offseason." He added Monday that Manning is "probably on the back nine of his career." No other quarterback has started a game for the Giants since Eli took over as a rookie in Week 11 of the 2004 season, but it sounds like identifying his eventual successor will be a priority for the team this offseason.
39 quarterbacks dropped back at least 100 times this year, and Manning's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 24th among them. His rate was lower than even Matt Barkley's and a similarly in-decline Carson Palmer.
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook projected for minor impact in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor will try to bounce back in NFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected for minimal action in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Hurns projected for another quiet performance in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Keelan Cole projected to play a minimal role in AFC Championship Game for Jaguars January 18th, 2018
- Chris Hogan ready to play as much as possible for New England in AFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Eli Manning struggles in Giants' season finale December 31st, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram (ribs) will sit out Week 17 against Washington December 29th, 2017
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (neck) to miss out on season finale December 29th, 2017
- Giants want Eli Manning to take 'every snap' Sunday December 28th, 2017
- Giants reportedly planning to move on from Eli Apple this offseason December 27th, 2017
- Giants suspend Eli Apple for regular season finale December 27th, 2017