Giants thinking about future without Eli Manning
New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese said the team has "started to think about who is the next quarterback" after Eli Manning.
"Eli is 36," Reese said. "So we will look into that as we move into the offseason." He added Monday that Manning is "probably on the back nine of his career." No other quarterback has started a game for the Giants since Eli took over as a rookie in Week 11 of the 2004 season, but it sounds like identifying his eventual successor will be a priority for the team this offseason.
39 quarterbacks dropped back at least 100 times this year, and Manning's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 24th among them. His rate was lower than even Matt Barkley's and a similarly in-decline Carson Palmer.
- Darren Sproles (wrist) will not return for Eagles in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Melvin Gordon (knee) is active for Chargers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) is active for Packers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Packers' Randall Cobb (chest) is inactive versus Bengals September 24th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) active for Titans on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin injures knee, won't return for Panthers September 24th, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram clears concussion protocol, will play Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham removed from Week 3 injury report September 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram listed as questionable (concussion) for Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram (concussion) practicing on Thursday September 21st, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham (ankle) practicing on Thursday September 21st, 2017
- Giants' Orleans Darkwa could take work from Paul Perkins in Week 3 September 20th, 2017