Giants thinking about future without Eli Manning
New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese said the team has "started to think about who is the next quarterback" after Eli Manning.
"Eli is 36," Reese said. "So we will look into that as we move into the offseason." He added Monday that Manning is "probably on the back nine of his career." No other quarterback has started a game for the Giants since Eli took over as a rookie in Week 11 of the 2004 season, but it sounds like identifying his eventual successor will be a priority for the team this offseason.
39 quarterbacks dropped back at least 100 times this year, and Manning's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 24th among them. His rate was lower than even Matt Barkley's and a similarly in-decline Carson Palmer.
- Lions' T.J. Jones' playing time likely reduced with Kenny Golladay healthy November 17th, 2017
- Brandon Coleman seeing his role diminish in New Orleans November 17th, 2017
- A.J. Derby (shoulder) ruled out for Week 11 by Denver November 17th, 2017
- Virgil Green set to see an increased role for Broncos in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Marcedes Lewis (knee) removed from Jaguars' injury report November 17th, 2017
- Tampa's O.J. Howard projected to out-snap Cameron Brate in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Giants' Roger Lewis projected for quiet Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Orleans Darkwa totals 88 yards in Giants' Week 10 loss November 13th, 2017
- Eli Manning throws for 2 touchdowns in Giants' loss to Niners November 12th, 2017
- Sterling Shepard goes off for 142 yards in Giants' Week 10 loss November 12th, 2017
- Evan Engram scores again as Giants hands 49ers their first win November 12th, 2017
- Giants unlikely to bench Eli Manning during 2017 season November 12th, 2017