Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Willie Snead signs with Ravens after Saints decline to match offer sheet April 23rd, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Packers sign cornerback Kyle Fuller to offer sheet March 16th, 2018
- Muhammad Wilkerson signs with Packers on one-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Packers reportedly sign Jimmy Graham to 3-year contract March 13th, 2018
- Packers to release Jordy Nelson March 13th, 2018
- DeShone Kizer heading to Packers in Damarious Randall deal with Browns March 9th, 2018
- Browns acquire cornerback Damarious Randall from Packers March 9th, 2018