Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Packers' Clay Matthews recovering from knee scope January 9th, 2018
- Packers sign Davante Adams to four-year extension December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) out for Week 17 against Detroit December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (shoulder) out for Week 17 against Detroit December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) officially inactive against Minnesota December 23rd, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) doesn't practice on Tuesday December 19th, 2017