Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Randall Cobb might be facing 'make or break' season in 2017 February 10th, 2017
- Packers figure to keep Ty Montgomery involved in 2017 backfield February 8th, 2017
- Packers save $9 million by releasing Sam Shields (concussion) February 8th, 2017
- James Starks released by Packers after seven seasons February 7th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson caps Packers' season with Comeback Player of the Year February 5th, 2017
- Packers say they would 'love to see' Eddie Lacy (ankle) back next season January 27th, 2017