Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Eric Ebron facing a tough matchup in Week 15 as Lions host the Bears December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell (knee) unlikely to play this season December 12th, 2017
- Jets place Josh McCown (hand) on IR December 12th, 2017
- Bears' Dontrelle Inman poised for a bounce-back performance in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Adam Shaheen (chest) limited in Bears' practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Chicago's Kendall Wright (shoulder) limited in practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) medically cleared to return for Green Bay December 12th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson set to benefit from potential Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) return December 12th, 2017
- Aaron Rodgers' (collarbone) status up in air for Packers in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Packers' Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) still waiting for medical clearance to play in Week 15 December 11th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson continues to be a non-factor without Aaron Rodgers in Week 14 December 11th, 2017
- Brett Hundley throws 3 touchdowns in Packers' OT win December 10th, 2017