Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Browns impressed with Ricardo Louis' development June 24th, 2017
- Titans' Tajae Sharpe on roster bubble June 24th, 2017
- Chester Rogers could push for third Colts' receiver gig June 24th, 2017
- Markus Wheaton leading candidate for Bears' third receiver job June 24th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder turning heads in Washington offseason June 24th, 2017
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery back up to drafted weight June 1st, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kevin King and Davon House to start Week 1 for Packers May 21st, 2017
- Packers' Vince Biegel recovering from foot surgery May 15th, 2017
- Christine Michael released again by Packers May 1st, 2017
- Packers secure Malachi Dupre with 247th pick April 30th, 2017