Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Washington activates Jordan Reed (toe) from PUP August 20th, 2017
- Corey Davis (hamstring) remains on track to play in Titans' preseason August 20th, 2017
- Chiefs could keep both Charcandrick West and C.J. Spiller August 20th, 2017
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount and Wendell Smallwood could be camp cuts August 20th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery behind on learning Eagles' offense August 20th, 2017
- Browns run solely shotgun looks with DeShone Kizer August 20th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery (leg) will miss second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- Ty Montgomery loses fumble in disappointing start for Packers August 11th, 2017
- Aaron Jones currently on Packers' third-string offense August 6th, 2017
- Jamaal Williams getting first-team reps over Ty Montgomery August 4th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery back up to drafted weight June 1st, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017