Jordy Nelson broke 'at least' two ribs in Packers' Wild Card victory
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in Sunday's Wild Card win over the New York Giants, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport claims it would take an "incredible effort" for Nelson to be ready for Sunday's matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers would certainly prefer to have their number-one receiver available for a playoff matchup, but the offense also remains plenty capable without him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams will take over as Aaron Rodger's top wideouts while Geronimo Allison is going to see an expanded role.
Allison has already flashed his potential this year, and among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, he ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets). That's good for first among the seven Green Bay receivers to see a target in 2016.
- Mike Wallace (back) out with concussion, won't return for Ravens October 22nd, 2017
- Colts will not shelve Andrew Luck (shoulder) even if team is out of contention October 22nd, 2017
- Mike Wallace will play for Ravens, looks 'a little stiff' during pregame October 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) officially playing for Panthers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) officially active for Titans against Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Jordan Matthews (thumb) officially active for Bills October 22nd, 2017
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) has 'chance' to return for Packers this season October 22nd, 2017
- Packers 'holding out hope' that Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) returns Week 15 October 21st, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Packers confirm Aaron Rodgers needs surgery on collarbone October 16th, 2017
- Martellus Bennett held to just 22 yards in Packers' loss October 15th, 2017
- Packers' Randall Cobb targeted just 3 times in loss to Vikings October 15th, 2017