Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Lions' T.J. Jones' playing time likely reduced with Kenny Golladay healthy November 17th, 2017
- Brandon Coleman seeing his role diminish in New Orleans November 17th, 2017
- A.J. Derby (shoulder) ruled out for Week 11 by Denver November 17th, 2017
- Virgil Green set to see an increased role for Broncos in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Marcedes Lewis (knee) removed from Jaguars' injury report November 17th, 2017
- Tampa's O.J. Howard projected to out-snap Cameron Brate in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Kenny Stills (back) plans on playing for Dolphins versus Buccaneers November 17th, 2017
- Kenny Stills (back) not practicing for Dolphins on Friday November 17th, 2017
- Dolphins say DeVante Parker has lost 'edge' from preseason November 16th, 2017
- Dolphins' Kenny Stills (back) leaves Thursday's practice with injury November 16th, 2017
- Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake to continue splitting carries for Miami November 16th, 2017
- Kenny Stills catches 5 passes for 67 yards in Dolphins' loss to Panthers November 14th, 2017