Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bears confirm Jordan Howard will be the featured back in 2018 April 17th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Brock Osweiler expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins March 23rd, 2018
- Frank Gore signs 1-year deal with Dolphins March 22nd, 2018
- Dolphins expected to grant Mike Pouncey his release March 15th, 2018
- Dolphins release Julius Thomas March 14th, 2018
- Dolphins fail to find trade, will release Ndamukong Suh March 14th, 2018