Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) will be ready for Dolphins' OTAs February 24th, 2017
- Dolphins acquire Julius Thomas from Jaguars in separate deal February 20th, 2017
- Julius Thomas no longer part of Jaguars' trade for Dolphins' Branden Albert February 20th, 2017
- Jags and Dolphins nearing completion of a Julius Thomas for Branden Albert trade February 19th, 2017
- Dolphins sign Cameron Wake to two-year extension February 19th, 2017
- Jordan Phillips to take over Dolphins' starting spot February 18th, 2017