Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Kiko Alonso likely to play weak-side linebacker for Dolphins next year January 18th, 2017
- Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender January 9th, 2017
- Dolphins likely to extend Jarvis Landry's contract January 9th, 2017
- Kenny Stills hopes to re-sign with Dolphins January 9th, 2017
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) gets in limited practice for Dolphins January 6th, 2017
- Byron Maxwell (ankle) officially doubtful for Dolphins January 6th, 2017