Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Jerick McKinnon adds on muscle for Vikings May 28th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins having productive contract talks with Washington May 28th, 2017
- Jaguars expect Dante Fowler to take step forward this year May 28th, 2017
- Carson Wentz showing improved mechanics in Eagles' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill and Julius Thomas taking time to connect May 27th, 2017
- Dolphins say Jay Ajayi could push for 350 carries May 26th, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Dolphins expect big year for DeVante Parker May 7th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi's receiving drastically improved, according to Dolphins May 7th, 2017
- Isaiah Ford is Dolphins' target to move up for at 237th pick April 30th, 2017