Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Ravens entertaining possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick July 27th, 2017
- Browns' Corey Coleman (hamstring) cleared to practice July 27th, 2017
- Ravens not overly concerned with Joe Flacco's back issue July 27th, 2017
- Broncos' Devontae Booker (wrist) to miss up to eight weeks July 27th, 2017
- Vikings sign Everson Griffen to four-year extension July 26th, 2017
- Cody Kessler opens camp as Browns' starting quarterback July 26th, 2017
- Leonte Carroo's roster spot with Dolphins is safe July 13th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Ajayi could near 2,000 all-purpose yards June 26th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jarvis Landry expects Julius Thomas to take pressure off June 1st, 2017
- Dolphins want Kenyan Drake to become well-rounded June 1st, 2017
- Dolphins designing plays specifically for Julius Thomas May 31st, 2017
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill and Julius Thomas taking time to connect May 27th, 2017