Dolphins expected to give Kiko Alonso high tender
The Miami Dolphins are expected to give restricted free agent middle linebacker Kiko Alonso a "high tender."
Alonso was originally a second-round pick and few or no teams would be willing to surrender a second-round pick to acquire Alonso, so an original-pick tender would suffice. Still, the Dolphins may reward Alonso for his bounce-back season. Panned widely at the time, the Dolphins' gamble on Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell this past offseason has paid off.
Miami ranked 18th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook projected for minor impact in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor will try to bounce back in NFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected for minimal action in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Hurns projected for another quiet performance in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Keelan Cole projected to play a minimal role in AFC Championship Game for Jaguars January 18th, 2018
- Chris Hogan ready to play as much as possible for New England in AFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Report: Dolphins' Jarvis Landry wants 'contract in the range' of Packers' Davante Adams January 17th, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) expected to be ready for start of Dolphins' offseason program January 9th, 2018
- Gase: Ryan Tannehill is Dolphins' starting quarterback in 2018 January 3rd, 2018
- Dolphins expected to give David Fales a look in Week 17 December 30th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) is officially active for Dolphins in Week 16 December 24th, 2017
- DeVante Parker (ankle) expected to play for Dolphins in Week 16 December 24th, 2017