Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Mike Wallace (back) out with concussion, won't return for Ravens October 22nd, 2017
- Colts will not shelve Andrew Luck (shoulder) even if team is out of contention October 22nd, 2017
- Mike Wallace will play for Ravens, looks 'a little stiff' during pregame October 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) officially playing for Panthers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) officially active for Titans against Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Jordan Matthews (thumb) officially active for Bills October 22nd, 2017
- Bruce Arians wants Adrian Peterson to get 25 carries per game October 22nd, 2017
- Andre Ellington (quad) unlikely to play for Cardinals on Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Tramon Williams expected to start for Cardinals in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Patrick Peterson (quad) 'fine' for Cardinals matchup in London October 20th, 2017
- Andre Ellington (quad) doesn't practice again for Cardinals Friday October 20th, 2017
- J.J. Nelson held without a catch in Cardinals' win October 15th, 2017