Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) medically cleared to return for Green Bay December 12th, 2017
- Eric Ebron facing a tough matchup in Week 15 as Lions host the Bears December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell (knee) unlikely to play this season December 12th, 2017
- Jets place Josh McCown (hand) on IR December 12th, 2017
- Bears' Dontrelle Inman poised for a bounce-back performance in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Adam Shaheen (chest) limited in Bears' practice on Tuesday December 12th, 2017
- Cardinals' Kerwynn Williams rushes 20 times in Week 14 victory December 11th, 2017
- Cardinals say they want to re-sign Blaine Gabbert December 11th, 2017
- Larry Fitzgerald totals 44 yards in Cardinals' Week 14 win December 11th, 2017
- Blaine Gabbert has quiet day as Cardinals win with field goals December 10th, 2017
- Adrian Peterson (neck) sitting for Cardinals again versus Titans December 8th, 2017
- Adrian Peterson (neck) reportedly expected to sit again for Cardinals in Week 14 December 8th, 2017