Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Willie Snead signs with Ravens after Saints decline to match offer sheet April 23rd, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Brice Butler signs 2-year deal with Cardinals April 2nd, 2018
- Cardinals expecting David Johnson (wrist) to be ready for OTAs March 27th, 2018
- Update: Sam Bradford's deal with Cardinals worth $40 million over 2 years March 19th, 2018
- Cardinals releasing one-time Pro Bowler Tyrann Mathieu March 14th, 2018
- Cardinals reportedly land Sam Bradford with 1-year, $20 million deal March 13th, 2018
- Report: Jets could offer Kirk Cousins $60 million in year one February 20th, 2018