Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Bears' Kevin White's (leg) progress considered a 'mystery' May 24th, 2017
- Kareem Hunt continuing to receive hype out of Chiefs' camp May 24th, 2017
- Jets planning to go with a committee approach in the backfield in 2017 May 23rd, 2017
- Jets giving quarterbacks equal first-team reps at OTAs May 23rd, 2017
- Seahawks to give C.J. Prosise 'big role' if he's healthy May 23rd, 2017
- Tight end will be focal point of Rams' passing game May 23rd, 2017
- John Brown poised for comeback season in Arizona May 17th, 2017
- Jhonny Peralta (illness) expected to be activated by Cardinals on Friday May 16th, 2017
- Cardinals' Deone Bucannon questionable for Week 1 after ankle surgery May 16th, 2017
- Cardinals see Chad Williams as Larry Fitzgerald's successor May 13th, 2017
- Haason Reddick exclusively working inside for Cardinals May 13th, 2017
- Blaine Gabbert signs with Cardinals May 10th, 2017