Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Larry Fitzgerald coy about return to Cardinals for 2017 January 15th, 2017
- Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement January 9th, 2017
- Cardinals leaving retirement decision entirely up to Larry Fitzgerald January 2nd, 2017
- Cardinals' David Johnson (knee) has just sprained MCL January 2nd, 2017
- Cardinals' David Johnson has no ligament damage in initial tests January 1st, 2017
- Cardinals' David Johnson carted off with severe knee injury January 1st, 2017