Daryl Washington optimistic about Cardinals reinstatement
Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is "optimistic" about being reinstated from suspension for the 2017 season.
Washington is still technically on the Cardinals' roster but hasn't played since 2013. He's spent the last three years serving an indefinite suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy, not to mention domestic abuse charges prior to his 2013 suspension. Even if Washington applies and successfully gains reinstatement, there's a good chance the Cardinals wouldn't want him anyway. Cutting Washington would save them $4.67 million in cap space.
Even without Washington, Arizona has been a top-10 defense by schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play each of the last three years. They don't need him.
- Washington activates Jordan Reed (toe) from PUP August 20th, 2017
- Corey Davis (hamstring) remains on track to play in Titans' preseason August 20th, 2017
- Chiefs could keep both Charcandrick West and C.J. Spiller August 20th, 2017
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount and Wendell Smallwood could be camp cuts August 20th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery behind on learning Eagles' offense August 20th, 2017
- Browns run solely shotgun looks with DeShone Kizer August 20th, 2017
- John Brown's (quad, sickle-cell) future with Cardinals in doubt August 17th, 2017
- Cardinals' John Brown's sickle-cell trait still an issue August 16th, 2017
- Chad Williams not likely to make rookie impact for Cardinals August 16th, 2017
- Bruce Arians calls Jaron Brown the Cardinals' number-two wideout August 16th, 2017
- John Brown (quad) not rushing to get back on field for Cardinals August 16th, 2017
- Cardinals' John Brown (quad) returns to practice August 15th, 2017