Ty Montgomery injured ankle in Packers' Wild Card win
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him for a portion of Sunday's second half.
It looked like a severe knee injury when it took place, forcing Montgomery to be carried off by two trainers before he surprisingly re-entered on a late fourth-quarter goal-line series. "Why play it safe?" Montgomery replied when asked by reporters why he returned. "It's the playoffs." Montgomery should be all systems go for this weekend's Divisional Round clash with the Dallas Cowboys.
Montgomery earned -3.56 Net Expected Points on 11 rushing attempts in the Wild Card Round, per numberFire Live.
- Tyreek Hill to be more involved in Chiefs' offense next season March 30th, 2017
- Arizona wants David Johnson to see 30 touches per game March 29th, 2017
- Andre Ellington will play wide receiver for Cardinals in 2017 March 29th, 2017
- Browns say Corey Coleman is the new number one March 29th, 2017
- Ravens say Terrance West is leader in backfield March 28th, 2017
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill (knee) won't have to alter playing style March 28th, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Packers re-sign Christine Michael March 22nd, 2017
- Free agent Christine Michael visits with Packers March 22nd, 2017
- Packers ink another tight end, signing Lance Kendricks March 12th, 2017
- Packers offered bigger deal to Jared Cook than Martellus Bennett March 11th, 2017
- Martellus Bennett agrees to deal with Packers March 10th, 2017