Ty Montgomery injured ankle in Packers' Wild Card win
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him for a portion of Sunday's second half.
It looked like a severe knee injury when it took place, forcing Montgomery to be carried off by two trainers before he surprisingly re-entered on a late fourth-quarter goal-line series. "Why play it safe?" Montgomery replied when asked by reporters why he returned. "It's the playoffs." Montgomery should be all systems go for this weekend's Divisional Round clash with the Dallas Cowboys.
Montgomery earned -3.56 Net Expected Points on 11 rushing attempts in the Wild Card Round, per numberFire Live.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Eagles could release Ryan Mathews if he doesn't take pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (thigh) and Malcolm Mitchell (knee) practice for Patriots on Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Davante Adams (ankle) unable to practice for Packers on Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) still working with the rehab group at practice January 18th, 2017
- Packers to release Sam Shields this offseason January 18th, 2017
- Packers sign Bene Benwikere to practice squad January 18th, 2017