Ty Montgomery injured ankle in Packers' Wild Card win
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him for a portion of Sunday's second half.
It looked like a severe knee injury when it took place, forcing Montgomery to be carried off by two trainers before he surprisingly re-entered on a late fourth-quarter goal-line series. "Why play it safe?" Montgomery replied when asked by reporters why he returned. "It's the playoffs." Montgomery should be all systems go for this weekend's Divisional Round clash with the Dallas Cowboys.
Montgomery earned -3.56 Net Expected Points on 11 rushing attempts in the Wild Card Round, per numberFire Live.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Randall Cobb might be facing 'make or break' season in 2017 February 10th, 2017
- Packers figure to keep Ty Montgomery involved in 2017 backfield February 8th, 2017
- Packers save $9 million by releasing Sam Shields (concussion) February 8th, 2017
- James Starks released by Packers after seven seasons February 7th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson caps Packers' season with Comeback Player of the Year February 5th, 2017
- Packers say they would 'love to see' Eddie Lacy (ankle) back next season January 27th, 2017