Packers won't rule out Jordy Nelson (ribs) for Divisional Round yet
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (ribs) will play in the Divisional Round if he is able to practice by Saturday, according to head coach Mike McCarthy.
McCarthy revealed Nelson spent Sunday night in the hospital. He said the receiver would spend the week "with the rehab group" on the side of practice, and that if Jordy can get into practice by Saturday, he could play against the Dallas Cowboys. McCarthy offered no details and didn't rule out the possibility Nelson is dealing with internal injuries. Though the door is open, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora also stated things sound "not as optimistic" for Nelson's availability.
Among the 68 wide receivers with at least 75 targets in the regular season this year, Nelson's Reception Net Expected Points per target ranked 10th.
- Browns impressed with Ricardo Louis' development June 24th, 2017
- Titans' Tajae Sharpe on roster bubble June 24th, 2017
- Chester Rogers could push for third Colts' receiver gig June 24th, 2017
- Markus Wheaton leading candidate for Bears' third receiver job June 24th, 2017
- Jamison Crowder turning heads in Washington offseason June 24th, 2017
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery back up to drafted weight June 1st, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kevin King and Davon House to start Week 1 for Packers May 21st, 2017
- Packers' Vince Biegel recovering from foot surgery May 15th, 2017
- Christine Michael released again by Packers May 1st, 2017
- Packers secure Malachi Dupre with 247th pick April 30th, 2017