Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Darren Sproles (wrist) will not return for Eagles in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Melvin Gordon (knee) is active for Chargers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) is active for Packers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Packers' Randall Cobb (chest) is inactive versus Bengals September 24th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) active for Titans on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin injures knee, won't return for Panthers September 24th, 2017
- Texans' Ryan Griffin no longer in the concussion protocol September 22nd, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins is projected for the most targets in Week 3 September 20th, 2017
- Jaelen Strong claimed off of waivers by Jacksonville September 19th, 2017
- Texans say Deshaun Watson puts no limitations on play-calling September 19th, 2017
- Will Fuller (collarbone) returns to practice for Houston September 18th, 2017
- Texans release 2015 third-round pick Jaelen Strong September 18th, 2017