Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook projected for minor impact in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor will try to bounce back in NFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected for minimal action in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Hurns projected for another quiet performance in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Keelan Cole projected to play a minimal role in AFC Championship Game for Jaguars January 18th, 2018
- Chris Hogan ready to play as much as possible for New England in AFC Championship Game January 18th, 2018
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) ahead of schedule January 2nd, 2018
- Texans' J.J. Watt (knee) on track for training camp January 1st, 2018
- Texans' Will Fuller (knee) out for remainder of Sunday's game December 31st, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins (calf) ruled out for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Texans say DeAndre Hopkins (calf) could be game-time call December 28th, 2017