Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Tyreek Hill to be more involved in Chiefs' offense next season March 30th, 2017
- Arizona wants David Johnson to see 30 touches per game March 29th, 2017
- Andre Ellington will play wide receiver for Cardinals in 2017 March 29th, 2017
- Browns say Corey Coleman is the new number one March 29th, 2017
- Ravens say Terrance West is leader in backfield March 28th, 2017
- Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill (knee) won't have to alter playing style March 28th, 2017
- Tony Romo's options are either Texans or retirement March 27th, 2017
- Cowboys in no rush to move Tony Romo March 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Malcolm Butler willing to play for Saints March 15th, 2017
- Texans willing to trade second-round pick for Patriots' Malcolm Butler March 14th, 2017
- Texans dump Brock Osweiler's contract with trade to Cleveland March 9th, 2017
- Cowboys intend to trade Tony Romo to Denver or Houston March 9th, 2017