Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) is ahead of schedule March 27th, 2018
- Report: Aaron Colvin to sign four-year deal with Texans March 13th, 2018
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) on track to be ready for Week 1 February 28th, 2018
- Texans will release Brian Cushing February 19th, 2018
- Texans' C.J. Fiedorowicz mulling retirement February 12th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (ACL) resumes running February 6th, 2018