Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Lions' T.J. Jones' playing time likely reduced with Kenny Golladay healthy November 17th, 2017
- Brandon Coleman seeing his role diminish in New Orleans November 17th, 2017
- A.J. Derby (shoulder) ruled out for Week 11 by Denver November 17th, 2017
- Virgil Green set to see an increased role for Broncos in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Marcedes Lewis (knee) removed from Jaguars' injury report November 17th, 2017
- Tampa's O.J. Howard projected to out-snap Cameron Brate in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- C.J. Fiedorowicz projected to finish as Texans' second-best pass catcher in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Bill O'Brien: Bruce Ellington needs to be more involved in Texans' offense November 15th, 2017
- Will Fuller (ribs) not expected to play for Texans in Week 11 November 15th, 2017
- Tom Savage will remain Texans' starter in Week 11 November 13th, 2017
- D'Onta Foreman quiet in Texans' Week 10 blowout loss November 13th, 2017
- Will Fuller suffers cracked ribs in Texans' Week 10 loss November 13th, 2017