Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Jerick McKinnon adds on muscle for Vikings May 28th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins having productive contract talks with Washington May 28th, 2017
- Jaguars expect Dante Fowler to take step forward this year May 28th, 2017
- Carson Wentz showing improved mechanics in Eagles' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Texans' J.J. Watt (back) feeling fantastic in recovery May 14th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman will cut into Lamar Miller's work May 7th, 2017
- Texans intend to use D'Onta Freeman as change-of-pace option May 1st, 2017
- Jay Cutler interested in playing for Texans, never got called back April 30th, 2017
- D'Onta Foreman stays in Texas, with Texans at 89th overall April 29th, 2017
- Zach Cunningham joins Texans' linebacker corps at 57th overall April 28th, 2017