Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Texans intend to bring back A.J. Bouye January 18th, 2017
- Texans' J.J. Watt (back surgery) is ahead of schedule in recovery January 16th, 2017
- Texans won't commit to Brock Osweiler as 2017 starter January 16th, 2017
- A.J. Bouye wants to re-sign with the Texans in 2017 January 16th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins (knee) limited at Texans' practice January 11th, 2017
- Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol January 9th, 2017