Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Ravens entertaining possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick July 27th, 2017
- Browns' Corey Coleman (hamstring) cleared to practice July 27th, 2017
- Ravens not overly concerned with Joe Flacco's back issue July 27th, 2017
- Broncos' Devontae Booker (wrist) to miss up to eight weeks July 27th, 2017
- Vikings sign Everson Griffen to four-year extension July 26th, 2017
- Cody Kessler opens camp as Browns' starting quarterback July 26th, 2017
- Texans' rookie D'Onta Foreman arrested for drug and weapons charges July 16th, 2017
- Tom Savage could hold onto Texans' starting gig June 29th, 2017
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Braxton Miller working with Wes Welker at Texans' OTAs June 1st, 2017
- Texans' J.J. Watt (back) feeling fantastic in recovery May 14th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman will cut into Lamar Miller's work May 7th, 2017