Texans' Tom Savage clears concussion protocol
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage has cleared the NFL's concussion protocol.
He'll be available to serve as Brock Osweiler's backup this weekend against the New England Patriots. If Osweiler struggles early, it wouldn't be entirely surprising to see Savage enter the game.
Savage and Osweiler put up identical -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back rates in the regular season, but Osweiler sustained that rate over 459 more drop backs than Savage.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Texans' A.J. Bouye expected to lead cornerback market February 23rd, 2017
- Patriots may get ball rolling on Jimmy Garoppolo trade talks with Houston February 13th, 2017
- Patriots are interested in Texans' DeAndre Hopkins February 5th, 2017
- Tom Savage will get 'every opportunity' to start for Texans February 2nd, 2017
- Texans' owner says Brock Osweiler must improve February 2nd, 2017
- Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler to compete for Texans' 2017 starting job February 1st, 2017