Spencer Ware (ribs) and Justin Houston (knee) ready for Chiefs' playoff game
Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware (ribs) and outside linebacker Justin Houston (knee) are ready for the Divisional Round, head coach Andy Reid said Monday.
Ware's effectiveness waned over the course of the season behind sub-par run blocking. Houston's return is particularly bad news for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In the rare instances he's been available, Houston has been a one-man pass-rush wrecking crew. He will likely be limited to under half of the Chiefs' Week 19 snaps, but most passing plays.
Among the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries in 2016, Ware's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt ranked 32nd. The Chiefs' defense ranked 10th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP per play.
- Lions' T.J. Jones' playing time likely reduced with Kenny Golladay healthy November 17th, 2017
- Brandon Coleman seeing his role diminish in New Orleans November 17th, 2017
- A.J. Derby (shoulder) ruled out for Week 11 by Denver November 17th, 2017
- Virgil Green set to see an increased role for Broncos in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Marcedes Lewis (knee) removed from Jaguars' injury report November 17th, 2017
- Tampa's O.J. Howard projected to out-snap Cameron Brate in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Tyreek Hill projected for bigger workload in Chiefs' offense versus Giants November 16th, 2017
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce in an excellent spot against the Giants in Week 11 November 14th, 2017
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt projected to bounce back after bye November 14th, 2017
- Chiefs' Alex Smith has a great matchup against the Giants in Week 11 November 14th, 2017
- Tyreek Hill rips off a 56-yard touchdown in Chiefs' loss November 5th, 2017
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce scores for the third consecutive game in Week 9 November 5th, 2017