Spencer Ware (ribs) and Justin Houston (knee) ready for Chiefs' playoff game
Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware (ribs) and outside linebacker Justin Houston (knee) are ready for the Divisional Round, head coach Andy Reid said Monday.
Ware's effectiveness waned over the course of the season behind sub-par run blocking. Houston's return is particularly bad news for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In the rare instances he's been available, Houston has been a one-man pass-rush wrecking crew. He will likely be limited to under half of the Chiefs' Week 19 snaps, but most passing plays.
Among the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries in 2016, Ware's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt ranked 32nd. The Chiefs' defense ranked 10th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP per play.
- Darren Sproles (wrist) will not return for Eagles in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Melvin Gordon (knee) is active for Chargers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) is active for Packers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Packers' Randall Cobb (chest) is inactive versus Bengals September 24th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) active for Titans on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin injures knee, won't return for Panthers September 24th, 2017
- Cairo Santos looking to build on a strong Week 2 for the Chiefs September 22nd, 2017
- Chris Conley leading Chiefs wide receivers in snaps September 20th, 2017
- Chiefs' Alex Smith may find himself on the trading block this offseason September 19th, 2017
- Kareem Hunt continues to roll as Chiefs win again September 18th, 2017
- Tyreek Hill contained in Chiefs' win September 17th, 2017
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce rebounds in Week 2 September 17th, 2017