Spencer Ware (ribs) and Justin Houston (knee) ready for Chiefs' playoff game
Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware (ribs) and outside linebacker Justin Houston (knee) are ready for the Divisional Round, head coach Andy Reid said Monday.
Ware's effectiveness waned over the course of the season behind sub-par run blocking. Houston's return is particularly bad news for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In the rare instances he's been available, Houston has been a one-man pass-rush wrecking crew. He will likely be limited to under half of the Chiefs' Week 19 snaps, but most passing plays.
Among the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries in 2016, Ware's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt ranked 32nd. The Chiefs' defense ranked 10th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP per play.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Chiefs don't plan on picking up Nick Foles' option for 2017 February 15th, 2017
- Chiefs noncommittal on Jamaal Charles February 10th, 2017
- Chiefs say talks are going well with Eric Berry February 9th, 2017
- Nick Foles may become Chiefs cap cut February 5th, 2017
- Chiefs intend to bring back Eric Berry and Dontari Poe February 4th, 2017
- Eric Berry says he'll hold out if Chiefs tag him February 2nd, 2017