Spencer Ware (ribs) and Justin Houston (knee) ready for Chiefs' playoff game
Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware (ribs) and outside linebacker Justin Houston (knee) are ready for the Divisional Round, head coach Andy Reid said Monday.
Ware's effectiveness waned over the course of the season behind sub-par run blocking. Houston's return is particularly bad news for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In the rare instances he's been available, Houston has been a one-man pass-rush wrecking crew. He will likely be limited to under half of the Chiefs' Week 19 snaps, but most passing plays.
Among the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries in 2016, Ware's Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt ranked 32nd. The Chiefs' defense ranked 10th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP per play.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Chiefs convinced Alex Smith will be starting quarterback in 2017 January 16th, 2017
- Chiefs' Tamba Hali will continue career in 2017 January 16th, 2017
- Alex Smith leads toothless Chiefs offensive showing in Divisional Round loss January 16th, 2017
- Chiefs defense at full strength with Eric Berry (Achilles') and Justin Houston (knee) January 15th, 2017
- Bills looking into hiring Brad Childress as offensive coordinator January 15th, 2017
- Steelers and Chiefs game moved back to Sunday night due to weather concerns January 13th, 2017