Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said he won't be signing a one-year, prove-it contract this offseason.
JPP played on a one-year deal this season after blowing a couple of his fingers off one of his hands in a fireworks accident two summers ago. "I've done proved it," Pierre-Paul said. "There's not a guy like me doing it with seven and a half fingers." Pierre-Paul missed the final five weeks of the season after undergoing a sports-hernia procedure, but was expected back this week if the Giants made it past the Green Bay Packers.
The Giants' defense ranked second in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play during the regular season.
- Willie Snead signs with Ravens after Saints decline to match offer sheet April 23rd, 2018
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Landon Collins (forearm) says he'll require second surgery April 12th, 2018
- Report: Giants 'highly unlikely' to trade Odell Beckham April 7th, 2018
- Giants are non-committal on Brandon Marshall March 27th, 2018
- Report: Odell Beckham Jr. says he won't play in 2018 without a contract extension March 26th, 2018
- Giants trade Jason Pierre-Paul to Buccaneers March 22nd, 2018