Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said he won't be signing a one-year, prove-it contract this offseason.
JPP played on a one-year deal this season after blowing a couple of his fingers off one of his hands in a fireworks accident two summers ago. "I've done proved it," Pierre-Paul said. "There's not a guy like me doing it with seven and a half fingers." Pierre-Paul missed the final five weeks of the season after undergoing a sports-hernia procedure, but was expected back this week if the Giants made it past the Green Bay Packers.
The Giants' defense ranked second in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play during the regular season.
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Giants' B.J. Goodson may take over middle linebacker role in 2017 January 16th, 2017
- Larry Donnell hoping to re-join Giants in 2017 January 15th, 2017
- Johnathan Hankins could walk from Giants January 11th, 2017
- Giants thinking about future without Eli Manning January 10th, 2017
- Giants admit Eli Manning is in decline January 9th, 2017
- Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017 January 9th, 2017