Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said he won't be signing a one-year, prove-it contract this offseason.
JPP played on a one-year deal this season after blowing a couple of his fingers off one of his hands in a fireworks accident two summers ago. "I've done proved it," Pierre-Paul said. "There's not a guy like me doing it with seven and a half fingers." Pierre-Paul missed the final five weeks of the season after undergoing a sports-hernia procedure, but was expected back this week if the Giants made it past the Green Bay Packers.
The Giants' defense ranked second in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play during the regular season.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Giants' Eli Apple expected to be traded this offseason February 20th, 2018
- Odell Beckham looking forward to signing long-term deal with Giants February 4th, 2018
- Eli Manning confirms that he'll return to Giants in 2018 February 2nd, 2018
- Giants' Pat Shurmer: Eli Manning has 'years left' January 26th, 2018
- Giants name Pat Shurmur as new head coach January 22nd, 2018
- Eli Manning struggles in Giants' season finale December 31st, 2017