Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said he won't be signing a one-year, prove-it contract this offseason.
JPP played on a one-year deal this season after blowing a couple of his fingers off one of his hands in a fireworks accident two summers ago. "I've done proved it," Pierre-Paul said. "There's not a guy like me doing it with seven and a half fingers." Pierre-Paul missed the final five weeks of the season after undergoing a sports-hernia procedure, but was expected back this week if the Giants made it past the Green Bay Packers.
The Giants' defense ranked second in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play during the regular season.
- Colts' Donte Moncrief (shoulder) practicing non-contact August 23rd, 2017
- Chad Henne to start Jaguars' third preseason game August 23rd, 2017
- 49ers say former Olympian Marquise Goodwin can be 'special' August 23rd, 2017
- Former Carolina Panther on Devin Funchess: 'There's no dog in this guy' August 23rd, 2017
- Seahawks wide receiver Jermaine Kearse in no danger of being cut August 23rd, 2017
- Chargers' Travis Benjamin having a productive preseason August 23rd, 2017
- Brandon Marshall's shoulder not a concern for Giants August 23rd, 2017
- Odell Beckham (ankle) in danger of missing Giants' season opener August 23rd, 2017
- Odell Beckham (ankle) believes he'll be ready for Giants in Week 1 August 22nd, 2017
- Sterling Shepard disappoints in Monday's preseason loss for New York August 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Will Tye catches all three of his targets on Monday August 22nd, 2017
- Evan Engram holds his own in Giants' second preseason game August 22nd, 2017