Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't want a prove-it deal in 2017
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said he won't be signing a one-year, prove-it contract this offseason.
JPP played on a one-year deal this season after blowing a couple of his fingers off one of his hands in a fireworks accident two summers ago. "I've done proved it," Pierre-Paul said. "There's not a guy like me doing it with seven and a half fingers." Pierre-Paul missed the final five weeks of the season after undergoing a sports-hernia procedure, but was expected back this week if the Giants made it past the Green Bay Packers.
The Giants' defense ranked second in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play during the regular season.
- Bears' Kevin White's (leg) progress considered a 'mystery' May 24th, 2017
- Kareem Hunt continuing to receive hype out of Chiefs' camp May 24th, 2017
- Jets planning to go with a committee approach in the backfield in 2017 May 23rd, 2017
- Jets giving quarterbacks equal first-team reps at OTAs May 23rd, 2017
- Seahawks to give C.J. Prosise 'big role' if he's healthy May 23rd, 2017
- Tight end will be focal point of Rams' passing game May 23rd, 2017
- Odell Beckham expected to report for Giants' OTAs on Thursday May 23rd, 2017
- Joe Panik leading off as the Giants face the Cubs on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Shane Vereen (triceps) will be ready for Giants' OTAs May 21st, 2017
- Evan Engram will be tasked with traditional tight end role by Giants May 13th, 2017
- Ty Blach blasted for 10 runs over just three Giants' innings May 7th, 2017
- Giants' Brandon Marshall aiming to play two more years May 7th, 2017