Ameer Abdullah (foot) will be ready for Lions OTA's
Detroit Lions running back Ameer Abdullah (foot) expects to be 100 percent for the start of OTA's.
Abdullah injured his foot in Week 2 and ended up missing the remainder of the season. He carried the ball 18 times for 101 scoreless yards in two games. With the emergence of Zach Zenner as a three-down back the final couple games, Abdullah's 2017 role has become unclear.
On his regular season carries, Abdullah picked up 0.14 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt. As a team, Detroit finished 18th in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Jerick McKinnon adds on muscle for Vikings May 28th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins having productive contract talks with Washington May 28th, 2017
- Jaguars expect Dante Fowler to take step forward this year May 28th, 2017
- Carson Wentz showing improved mechanics in Eagles' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- Eric Ebron improving rapidly for Lions May 13th, 2017
- Lions expect Jarrad Davis to contribute immediately May 13th, 2017
- Lions won't confirm interest in LeGarrette Blount May 13th, 2017
- Matthew Stafford looking for big-time payday from Lions May 10th, 2017
- Lions' Eric Ebron says he wasn't healthy in 2016 May 4th, 2017