Ravens looking to add competition for Kenneth Dixon
The Baltimore Ravens want to add a game-breaking running back to the roster this offseason, head coach John Harbaugh admitted.
"We need another back," Harbaugh said. "We have not run the football well enough or enough, really, for the last two years. That has to change." The Ravens have set a franchise-low in rushing attempts each of the past two seasons, and Harbaugh wants to change that after missing the playoffs both years. Kenneth Dixon was drafted in the fourth round last offseason, but he and Terrance West didn't provide many big plays on offense in 2016.
Dixon did finish fourth in the NFL in Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt this year, among the 69 running backs to top 50 carries. He saw only 88 total carries, though. West was 45th among qualifying runners in this analytic.
- Darren Sproles (wrist) will not return for Eagles in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Melvin Gordon (knee) is active for Chargers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) is active for Packers in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Packers' Randall Cobb (chest) is inactive versus Bengals September 24th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) active for Titans on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin injures knee, won't return for Panthers September 24th, 2017
- Ravens' Jeremy Maclin cleared from concussion protocol, returns September 24th, 2017
- Jeremy Maclin exits Ravens' game, placed in concussion protocol September 24th, 2017
- Ravens' Javorius Allen expected to start against Jacksonville September 24th, 2017
- Terrance West (calf) is active as Ravens play in London September 24th, 2017
- Ravens' Justin Tucker projected for most made field goals in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Ravens rule out Maxx Williams (ankle) for Week 3 September 22nd, 2017