Geronimo Allison to step up for Packers if need be
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Geronimo Allison will have to step up most if Jordy Nelson (ribs) misses time, quarterback Aaron Rodgers pointed out.
"Geronimo has been playing a lot for us and he's been playing effectively," said Rodgers. "... You know Geronimo is going to have to step up and play extended time if Jordy is going to be out." Nelson's status is uncertain for the Divisional Round, but early indications aren't optimistic.
Among the 24 receivers who saw between 20-30 targets in the regular season, Allison ranked third with 0.94 Reception Net Expected Points per target (22 targets).
- Jets' Brandon Marshall is not open to a pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Nathaniel Hackett hired as Jaguars' offensive coordinator January 18th, 2017
- Taylor Gabriel (foot) limited at Falcons' practice Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett (knee) and Danny Amendola (ankle) limited at Wednesday practice January 18th, 2017
- Eagles could release Ryan Mathews if he doesn't take pay cut January 18th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (thigh) and Malcolm Mitchell (knee) practice for Patriots on Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) gets limited practice in Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Geronimo Allison (hamstring) does not practice Wednesday for Packers January 18th, 2017
- Davante Adams (ankle) unable to practice for Packers on Wednesday January 18th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (ribs) still working with the rehab group at practice January 18th, 2017
- Packers to release Sam Shields this offseason January 18th, 2017
- Packers sign Bene Benwikere to practice squad January 18th, 2017