Packers concerned about Jordy Nelson (ribs)
The Green Bay Packers "obviously have concern" for wide receiver Jordy Nelson (rib), head coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged Sunday.
"I obviously have concern for Jordy," McCarthy said after Sunday's win. "I don't have the information yet." The fact that Nelson was ruled out quickly after taking a huge blow to the ribs from New York Giants cornerback Leon Hall suggests Jordy suffered a severe injury. His status for the Divisional Round is in major doubt.
Among the 68 wide receivers with at least 75 targets in the regular season this year, Nelson's Reception Net Expected Points per target ranked 10th.
- Kyle Williams may be cap-casualty for Bills February 24th, 2017
- Vikings, Adrian Peterson's agent have meeting scheduled for next week February 24th, 2017
- Titans say running back job not an open competition February 24th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski will 'for sure' be ready Week 1 for Patriots February 24th, 2017
- Giants intend to be 'aggressive' with Jason Pierre-Paul February 24th, 2017
- Buccaneers clear out $6.5 million with release of Alterraun Verner February 24th, 2017
- Randall Cobb might be facing 'make or break' season in 2017 February 10th, 2017
- Packers figure to keep Ty Montgomery involved in 2017 backfield February 8th, 2017
- Packers save $9 million by releasing Sam Shields (concussion) February 8th, 2017
- James Starks released by Packers after seven seasons February 7th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson caps Packers' season with Comeback Player of the Year February 5th, 2017
- Packers say they would 'love to see' Eddie Lacy (ankle) back next season January 27th, 2017