Steelers will rest key skill players in Week 17
Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed on Wednesday that running back Le'Veon Bell, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and wide receiver Antonio Brown (rest) will not play in Sunday's Week 17 finale against the Cleveland Browns.
The playoff picture in the AFC is pretty much set so the Steelers won't risk injury to their key players. It's unknown whether DeAngelo Williams will play or not, but it could be Fitzgerald Toussaint leading the Pittsburgh backfield on Sunday if Williams sits too.
Our models project Toussaint for 30 yards on seven carries and 0.26 touchdowns in Week 17 against the Browns.
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Steelers' James Conner (thigh) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's James Conner (quad) out on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Steelers' James Conner (thigh) could miss Week 17 December 24th, 2019
- Steelers' Mason Rudolph (shoulder) placed on injured reserve December 24th, 2019
- Steelers' Mason Rudolph (shoulder) questionable to return in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019