Ty Montgomery listed behind James Starks on Packers' depth chart
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery is listed as the second running back on the team's "unofficial" depth chart.
Montgomery was formally declared a running back by head coach Mike McCarthy on Monday, but the Packers are claiming he's behind James Starks in the pecking order, despite the "starter" playing just 14 total snaps over the past two weeks. Expect Montgomery to lead the backfield in touches against the Chicago Bears in Week 15, a game where the weather may force Green Bay to lean on it's rushing attack more than usual.
Montgomery is averaging -0.07 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play on 44 carries this season, compared to -0.32 Rushing NEP per play on 63 totes for Starks. Green Bay's ground game ranks 15th in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Ryan Tannehill (shoulder) expected to return for Dolphins Week 12 November 20th, 2018
- Mitchell Trubisky day-to-day with shoulder injury, Bears 'cautiously optimistic' for Thanksgiving November 20th, 2018
- Golden Tate a 'challenging' fit for Eagles' offense November 20th, 2018
- Michael Gallup (personal) plans to play for Cowboys on Thanksgiving November 20th, 2018
- Jets' Sam Darnold sheds boot, says foot 'feels great' November 20th, 2018
- Rams' Gerald Everett scores 2 touchdowns on 3 catches November 20th, 2018
- Lamar Jackson leads Ravens to victory in his first NFL start November 19th, 2018
- Baltimore's Joe Flacco (hip) not expected back in Week 12 November 18th, 2018
- Baltimore's Ty Montgomery active in Week 11 November 18th, 2018
- Joe Flacco (hip) to miss Week 11 for Baltimore November 18th, 2018
- Lamar Jackson expected to start in Week 11 for Baltimore November 18th, 2018
- Lamar Jackson (illness) returns for Ravens Friday November 16th, 2018