Ty Montgomery listed behind James Starks on Packers' depth chart
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery is listed as the second running back on the team's "unofficial" depth chart.
Montgomery was formally declared a running back by head coach Mike McCarthy on Monday, but the Packers are claiming he's behind James Starks in the pecking order, despite the "starter" playing just 14 total snaps over the past two weeks. Expect Montgomery to lead the backfield in touches against the Chicago Bears in Week 15, a game where the weather may force Green Bay to lean on it's rushing attack more than usual.
Montgomery is averaging -0.07 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play on 44 carries this season, compared to -0.32 Rushing NEP per play on 63 totes for Starks. Green Bay's ground game ranks 15th in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Agent believes Eli Manning will be back with Giants January 23rd, 2019
- Raiders coach Jon Gruden unsure of Marshawn Lynch's 2019 status January 23rd, 2019
- Washington optimistic about an Alex Smith (leg) comeback January 23rd, 2019
- Larry Fitzgerald inks one-year deal to return to Arizona in 2019 January 23rd, 2019
- Rex Burkhead rushes for 2 TDs, including game-winner, in Patriots' AFC Championship win January 21st, 2019
- Sammy Watkins hauls in 114 receiving for Kansas City on Sunday January 21st, 2019
- Baltimore's Michael Crabtree hauls in two scores in Wild Card defeat January 6th, 2019
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson throws two touchdowns in Wild Card loss to Chargers January 6th, 2019
- Baltimore's Kenneth Dixon accumulates 119 scrimmage yards in Week 17's division clinching victory December 30th, 2018
- Baltimore's John Brown (hamstring) unable to practice on Wednesday December 26th, 2018
- Gus Edwards gains over 100 yards, hits paydirt in Ravens' win December 23rd, 2018
- Lamar Jackson has first 200-yard passing game, Ravens upset Chargers December 23rd, 2018