Ty Montgomery listed behind James Starks on Packers' depth chart
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery is listed as the second running back on the team's "unofficial" depth chart.
Montgomery was formally declared a running back by head coach Mike McCarthy on Monday, but the Packers are claiming he's behind James Starks in the pecking order, despite the "starter" playing just 14 total snaps over the past two weeks. Expect Montgomery to lead the backfield in touches against the Chicago Bears in Week 15, a game where the weather may force Green Bay to lean on it's rushing attack more than usual.
Montgomery is averaging -0.07 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play on 44 carries this season, compared to -0.32 Rushing NEP per play on 63 totes for Starks. Green Bay's ground game ranks 15th in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Mark Ingram gets 3 years, $15M from Ravens March 13th, 2019
- Earl Thomas agrees to 4-year, $55M deal with Ravens March 13th, 2019
- Terrell Suggs to leave Baltimore after 16 seasons, will sign with Arizona March 11th, 2019
- Nick Boyle re-ups with Ravens for 3 years March 7th, 2019