Aldon Smith arrested on Thursday
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested on Thursday for a hit and run, a DUI, and vandalism, according to the Santa Clara Police Department.
A press release with details will be released later today. Smith was suspended for nine games last season for violating the league's substance abuse and personal conduct policies.
Smith was projected to record 75 tackles and 5 sacks for the team this season, according to our algorithms. Last season, the 49ers ranked 13th in our schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play metric, which compares a team's performance to expectation level.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020