49ers may still start Colin Kaepernick this season
The San Francisco 49ers are looking at every option at quarterback, head coach Chip Kelly said.
Kelly might not have said it explicitly, but this seems to suggest the 49ers are making a quarterback change this week. Colin Kaepernick looked lost last season, but the 49ers might as well see what they have in him after watching Blaine Gabbert face plant for five weeks. It would not be surprising if Christian Ponder made starts this season as well.
Among the 29 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs this year, Gabbert's -0.07 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranks 28th. On 31 passing attempts in Week 5 alone, he earned -10.18 Net Expected Points, per numberFire Live.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020