Colin Kaepernick expected to start for 49ers in Week 6
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will be the team's starting quarterback in Week 6 against the Buffalo Bills, according to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report.
The main thing preventing Kaepernick from being on the field have been the injury guarantees in his contract. It was reported on Friday that he and the 49ers are restructuring a deal to remove those assurances, making it much easier on San Francisco's wallet to put Kaepernick under center. Multiple reports have suggested that both Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder have outperformed Kaepernick at practice, so he's not in the streaming conversation yet, especially on the road against a suddenly-rejuvenated Buffalo Bills defense. On the flip side, Buffalo's fantasy D/ST will make for a nice Week 6 streaming option, but that should be the case regardless of who is under center for the 49ers.
Gabbert completed 18-of-31 passes for 162 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in Thursday night's loss to the Arizona Cardinals, earning a lousy -10.18 Net Expected Points.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020