Cody Kessler 'not close to being ready' to go under center for Browns
Cleveland Browns third-round quarterback Cody Kessler is "not close to being ready to play," reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Robert Griffin III (shoulder) is already on injured reserve and 37-year-old Josh McCown likely won't last the entire season, so Kessler's development is a relevant concern for Cleveland. Whether he's ready or not, the third-round quarterback is likely going to make at least a couple starts for the Browns this season. Kessler would likely be a huge blow to Corey Coleman's fantasy value, as well as any other Browns' skill-players.
We currently expect McCown to complete 20-of-34 passes for 204 yards, 1.24 touchdowns and 0.74 interceptions in Week 2 against the Baltimore Ravens.
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Zach Ertz expected to get Eagles' extension June 25th, 2020
- Adam Caplan: Jalen Reagor will lead Eagles receivers June 22nd, 2020
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert briefly hospitalized June 21st, 2020
- Eagles: Alshon Jeffery (foot) without timetable June 16th, 2020
- Eagles' guard Brandon Brooks suffers torn achilles tendon June 15th, 2020
- Eagles' Jalen Reagor expected to 'take backseat' in offense June 8th, 2020