Colts' Henry Anderson (knee) ruled out for Week 1 tilt with Lions
Indianapolis Colts defensive end Henry Anderson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 1 against the Detroit Lions.
As expected. Anderson is still working his way back from a torn ACL. With Anderson out, the Colts will now be without their best defensive lineman and best cornerback -- Vontae Davis. Top edge rusher Robert Mathis is 35 years old and Kendall Langford is also dealing with injuries. The Lions' Matthew Stafford is a strong play this week at quarterback.
Our algorithms project Stafford for 269 passing yards, 1.62 touchdowns, and 0.80 interceptions on 37 attempts in Week 1. The Colts' defense, once a matchup sleeper this week, are a fantasy unit to avoid. They rank 14th-best in our projections as of now, but that could slip. There are better options out there.
- Carson Wentz (back) is Eagles' quarterback 'going forward' January 15th, 2019
- Jay Gruden: Jamison Crowder should be offseason priority for Washington January 15th, 2019
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (foot) escapes Saturday's game without setbacks January 14th, 2019
- Saints' Sheldon Rankins' MRI reportedly confirms torn Achilles January 14th, 2019
- Saints' left guard Andrus Peat reportedly playing through broken hand January 14th, 2019
- Bears' Anthony Miller to undergo shoulder surgery January 14th, 2019
- New York Jets hire Adam Gase as head coach on Wednesday January 9th, 2019
- Jets reportedly expected to fire head coach Todd Bowles December 29th, 2018
- Quincy Enunwa (ankle) out for New York in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Jermaine Kearse (Achilles) out for Jets in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Jets' Sam Darnold throws three touchdowns in Week 16's overtime loss to Green Bay December 23rd, 2018
- Jets' Elijah McGuire projected for 80.9 scrimmage yards against Green Bay in Week 16 December 22nd, 2018