Colts' Henry Anderson (knee) ruled out for Week 1 tilt with Lions
Indianapolis Colts defensive end Henry Anderson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 1 against the Detroit Lions.
As expected. Anderson is still working his way back from a torn ACL. With Anderson out, the Colts will now be without their best defensive lineman and best cornerback -- Vontae Davis. Top edge rusher Robert Mathis is 35 years old and Kendall Langford is also dealing with injuries. The Lions' Matthew Stafford is a strong play this week at quarterback.
Our algorithms project Stafford for 269 passing yards, 1.62 touchdowns, and 0.80 interceptions on 37 attempts in Week 1. The Colts' defense, once a matchup sleeper this week, are a fantasy unit to avoid. They rank 14th-best in our projections as of now, but that could slip. There are better options out there.
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- Bucs' OC: Chris Godwin has earned right to start May 17th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson has felony charges dropped May 17th, 2018
- Nagy: Bears' Allen Robinson (knee) 'ahead of the game' in rehab May 17th, 2018
- Cardinals' David Johnson says goal remains 1,000/1,000 season May 17th, 2018
- J.J. Watt (knee) expected to be at 'full strength' for Texans in 2018 May 14th, 2018
- Report: Chester Rogers early favorite to be Colts' number-two wideout May 10th, 2018
- Colts have turned down trade offers for Andrew Luck April 29th, 2018
- Indianapolis Colts select G Quenton Nelson with the sixth pick in the NFL Draft April 26th, 2018
- Colts say Andrew Luck (shoulder) has resumed throwing March 27th, 2018
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Report: Ryan Grant signing with Colts March 20th, 2018