Colts' Henry Anderson (knee) ruled out for Week 1 tilt with Lions
Indianapolis Colts defensive end Henry Anderson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 1 against the Detroit Lions.
As expected. Anderson is still working his way back from a torn ACL. With Anderson out, the Colts will now be without their best defensive lineman and best cornerback -- Vontae Davis. Top edge rusher Robert Mathis is 35 years old and Kendall Langford is also dealing with injuries. The Lions' Matthew Stafford is a strong play this week at quarterback.
Our algorithms project Stafford for 269 passing yards, 1.62 touchdowns, and 0.80 interceptions on 37 attempts in Week 1. The Colts' defense, once a matchup sleeper this week, are a fantasy unit to avoid. They rank 14th-best in our projections as of now, but that could slip. There are better options out there.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Broncos expected to make Trevor Siemian available via trade February 21st, 2018
- Browns' Joe Thomas hopes to have decision on status prior to free agency February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck (shoulder) insists he will not require another surgery February 21st, 2018
- Free agent Adam Vinatieri plans to kick in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Colts hire Eagles' OC Frank Reich to be the team's new head coach February 11th, 2018
- Colts say Andrew Luck doesn't need more shoulder surgery February 7th, 2018