Colts' Henry Anderson (knee) ruled out for Week 1 tilt with Lions
Indianapolis Colts defensive end Henry Anderson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 1 against the Detroit Lions.
As expected. Anderson is still working his way back from a torn ACL. With Anderson out, the Colts will now be without their best defensive lineman and best cornerback -- Vontae Davis. Top edge rusher Robert Mathis is 35 years old and Kendall Langford is also dealing with injuries. The Lions' Matthew Stafford is a strong play this week at quarterback.
Our algorithms project Stafford for 269 passing yards, 1.62 touchdowns, and 0.80 interceptions on 37 attempts in Week 1. The Colts' defense, once a matchup sleeper this week, are a fantasy unit to avoid. They rank 14th-best in our projections as of now, but that could slip. There are better options out there.
- Doug Baldwin (knee) sprinting at Seahawks' practice Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Bengals' John Ross 'good' in training camp August 16th, 2018
- Titans' Delanie Walker being evaluated for lower-body injury August 16th, 2018
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger clears concussion protocol August 16th, 2018
- Odell Beckham thinks Giants' contract talk will 'work itself out' August 16th, 2018
- Josh Allen expected to work with Bills' second-team Friday August 16th, 2018
- Sam Darnold is Jets' favorite to start Week 1 August 16th, 2018
- Jets' Terrelle Pryor scolded for discussing injury August 14th, 2018
- Jets' Terrelle Pryor says he suffered broken ankle in May August 13th, 2018
- Jets' Sam Darnold sees most first-team reps again Monday August 13th, 2018
- Jets' Josh McCown 'best quarterback in training camp' August 7th, 2018
- Schefter: Sam Darnold has 'very fair shot' to start for Jets Week 1 August 6th, 2018