Raiders' Karl Joseph starting rookie season in reserves
Oakland Raiders rookie strong safety Karl Joseph is opening the year on the bench.
Nate Allen will start opposite Reggie Nelson against the Saints. "I didn’t expect anything given to me," Joseph said. "I’ve just got to keep learning, keep getting better and keep growing as a player and everything else will fall in its place." The Raiders should still find snaps for the 14th overall pick on defense in time.
Our algorithms projected Joseph for 76.47 tackles, 6.84 passes defended, and 2.28 interceptions in 2016 prior to this news.
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Jordy Nelson retires after 11 seasons March 27th, 2019
- Vontaze Burfict signs with the Raiders March 20th, 2019
- Raiders release Donald Penn on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- J.J. Nelson joins Raiders' revamped receiving group March 15th, 2019
- Raiders reportedly cut Jordy Nelson March 14th, 2019
- Tyrell Williams reportedly signs with Raiders March 13th, 2019