James Jones wants to play for the 49ers
Free agent wide receiver James Jones indicated he'd like to play for the San Francisco 49ers.
"It's just a waiting game for me right now," Jones said Wednesday after being released by the San Diego Chargers. "I just want to play football and stay home in the Bay Area." The Oakland Raiders aren't an option, but the San Francisco 49ers might be a fit. The 49ers' wideout depth chart is laughably bad, and Jones could probably carve out a role pretty easily.
The 31-year-old Jones put up an unexpected line of 50 catches, 890 yards and 8 touchdowns last season with the Green Bay Packers. However, only two of those scores came after Week 6, and while teams may show interest, his days of fantasy relevance are likely in the rearview.
- Mike Davis records 91 yards, touchdown as Panthers' lead back September 28th, 2020
- Detroit's Matt Stafford tosses 2 scores in Week 3's road victory over Arizona September 28th, 2020
- Jerick McKinnon gains 77 yards, scores in 49ers' win September 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Carson Wentz produces 2 touchdowns in Week 3's tie with Bengals September 28th, 2020
- Ezekiel Elliott only earns 58 yards for Cowboys on 26 opportunities September 28th, 2020
- Dalvin Cook drums up 199 yards for Vikings September 28th, 2020
- Dontrelle Inman traded to Bears for seventh-round draft pick October 25th, 2017
- Charges' Mike Williams suffers herniated disc June 6th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen plans on being ready for camp March 21st, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017
- Ravens make things official with Danny Woodhead March 9th, 2017
- Chargers re-sign Jahleel Addae March 8th, 2017