Ravens' Bronson Kaufusi suffers season-ending broken ankle
Ravens third-round DE Bronson Kaufusi suffered a broken ankle on Thursday.
Kaufusi was the 70th overall pick back in April. A massive 6'6", weighing 285 pounds, Kaufusi was expected to compete for a starting defensive end job and provide a pass rush up front next to Timmy Jernigan and Brandon Williams. He's looking at a 3-4 month recovery period and is likely to land on season-ending I.R. The Ravens will now turn to Lawrence Guy, Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban at end.
Our algorithms project Guy for 44.02 tackles and 4.69 sacks in 2016. Baltimore's 0.13 Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play ranked 17th in the league last year.
- Marquise Goodwin likely to be cut by 49ers April 7th, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman guaranteed $2 million for 2020 April 7th, 2020
- Odell Beckham (core) 'on track' for Browns April 7th, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne officially re-signs with 49ers April 6th, 2020
- Darrell Henderson not expected to have an every-down role April 6th, 2020
- The 2020 NFL Draft will be "fully virtual" April 6th, 2020
- Patriots release Cody Kessler April 1st, 2020
- Patriots' Jarrett Stidham on 'inside track' for starting job April 1st, 2020
- Patriots re-sign linebacker Shilique Calhoun March 24th, 2020
- Patriots let Stephen Gostkowski go for cap reasons March 24th, 2020
- Panthers reportedly releasing Cam Newton on Tuesday March 24th, 2020
- Brian Hoyer reunites with Patriots on one-year contract March 22nd, 2020