Ravens' Bronson Kaufusi suffers season-ending broken ankle
Ravens third-round DE Bronson Kaufusi suffered a broken ankle on Thursday.
Kaufusi was the 70th overall pick back in April. A massive 6'6", weighing 285 pounds, Kaufusi was expected to compete for a starting defensive end job and provide a pass rush up front next to Timmy Jernigan and Brandon Williams. He's looking at a 3-4 month recovery period and is likely to land on season-ending I.R. The Ravens will now turn to Lawrence Guy, Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban at end.
Our algorithms project Guy for 44.02 tackles and 4.69 sacks in 2016. Baltimore's 0.13 Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play ranked 17th in the league last year.
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021