Hakeem Nicks signs deal with Saints
The New Orleans Saints signed wide receiver Hakeem Nicks to a one-year contract.
He's taking Vincent Brown's (calf, I.R.) spot on the 90-man roster. Nicks played in six games with the New York Giants last year, but was a non-factor. Despite only entering his age-28 season, it's a surprise any team was willing to give him a shot due to his lengthy injury history and recent ineffectiveness.
The Saints ranked 10th in our schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) metric last season. Nicks checked in at 80th out of 87 wide receivers with at least 50 targets, with a 0.45 Reception NEP per target last season.
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) DNP on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Jared Goff (thumb) not listed on Rams' Divisional playoff injury report January 14th, 2021
- Rams' John Wolford (neck) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Green Bay January 14th, 2021
- Rams list Cooper Kupp (knee) as questionable for Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Packers January 14th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) remains sidelined on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020