Jaguars may not re-sign Denard Robinson after 2016 season
The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to not re-sign running back Denard Robinson after this season, according to the Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran.
Robinson has gone from potential future starter in his first few years to little-used change-of-pace behind T.J. Yeldon in 2015, and now finds himself a distant third on the depth chart. He's competing for the spot with undrafted second-year runner Corey Grant. Robinson had serious ball-security issues the final month of last season and struggled when given opportunities to start. He turns 26 in September.
Our algorithms still dig Robinson's value in this offense, and think his roster spot is secure. We project him as the 62nd-best fantasy option at running back this year, with a line of 76 carries for 279 yards rushing and 1 score, with 25 receptions for 174 yards in the air.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Jags sign running back Carlos Hyde March 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020