Tyler Boyd will be in the slot for Bengals
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd is envisioned by the team as a slot receiver "no matter what," according to Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson.
Boyd is expected to replace Mohamed Sanu, while Brandon LaFell will fill the void left by the departure of Marvin Jones. Hobson heaped praise on Boyd after offseason practices, applauding him for "play[ing] with awareness, vision and an uncommon ability to wriggle free in space." Temper expectations, however, as Sanu finished with 394 yards and no scores on 49 targets last season. Boyd likely won't make much of a statistical impact without injuries moving him up the depth chart.
Our algorithms currently project Boyd to make 38.36 receptions for 465.98 yards and 2.05 touchdowns this upcoming season.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) cleared for Bengals in first round January 13th, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) turns in full practice for Bengals January 12th, 2023
- Tee Higgins out at Bengals practice due to illness January 11th, 2023
- Tee Higgins absent from Bengals practice Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd returns to game for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd being evaluated for concussion, questionable to return for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023