Zay Jones (knee) unlikely to play for Jaguars in Week 4
Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Zay Jones (knee) is a "long shot" to play in Week 4 against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday morning in London, per head coach Doug Pederson.
Pederson described Jones as day-to-day, but the receiver is headed for a second straight absence. Evan Engram drew a team-high 8 targets with Jones sidelined last week, followed by Calvin Ridley (7), Christian Kirk (6), Jamal Agnew (5), and Travis Etienne (5). Trevor Lawrence will likely spread it around again in London if Jones remains out.
The Falcons’ pass defense ranks 20th based on numberFire’s opponent-adjusted NEP model and their run defense is 5th, so the Jaguars will want to rely more on their passing game Sunday morning. Jones commanded a 24.0% target share in each of the first two games, despite injuring his knee and playing reduced snaps in Week 2.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- Update: Travis Etienne (chest) back in for Jaguars in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Travis Etienne (chest) questionable to return for Jaguars in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Zay Jones (knee) available in Week 12 for Jacksonville November 26th, 2023
- Jacksonville's Zay Jones (knee) questionable in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Zay Jones (knee) active for Jaguars' Week 11 matchup November 19th, 2023
- Jacksonville's Zay Jones (knee) questionable in Week 11 November 17th, 2023