Marcus Williams continues to impress at Jets OTA's
Cornerback Marcus Williams has "made good improvements since last year," New York Jets secondary coach Joe Danna.
Williams thinks the competition he's faced this offseason has helped in his progression. "I’ve been working on my press, working on playing outside a lot more and just getting better at little things," Williams said. "I think going against guys like [wide receivers] Brandon Marshall and [Eric] Decker also helps a lot, too." Williams is the favorite for the third cornerback role behind Darrelle Revis and Buster Skrine, but he will have to hold off first-round bust Dee Milliner for the job.
The Jets' defense finished 2015 ranked sixth in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Adam Trautman ready to be Saints' top tight end June 21st, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021