Campbell: Lions 'starting to feel pretty good' about the Week 4 status of David Montgomery (thigh)
According to head coach Dan Campbell, Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery (thigh) is "trending in the right direction" to play in Week 4's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Per Campbell, Montgomery and left tackle Taylor Decker are the two Lions that he feels "pretty good about." If both are available, their returns would boost a Detroit rushing attack versus a Green Bay defense ranked 24th in FanDuel points allowed (25.9) per game to running backs.
If Montgomery is unable to go, expect Jahmyr Gibbs to see the majority of Detroit's carries after he logged 54% (17 of 31) of their carries in Week 2.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- David Montgomery (ribs) available for Lions in Week 10 November 10th, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (ribs) "on track" for Week 10 clash with Chargers November 9th, 2023
- Detroit's David Montgomery (ribs) full participant in Wednesday's practice November 8th, 2023
- Jahmyr Gibbs to receive "fair share" of Lions' plays moving forward November 7th, 2023
- David Montgomery (ribs) expected back Week 10 for Lions November 6th, 2023
- Lions acquire wide receiver Donovan People-Jones in trade with Cleveland October 31st, 2023