Saquon Barkley (ankle) now day-to-day for Giants
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (ankle) is day-to-day, per comments from head coach Brian Daboll on Tuesday afternoon.
Daboll said Barkley is "getting better" after sitting out last Thursday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers with a right ankle sprain. Barkley was initially expected to miss multiple games, but the Giants are playing on Monday night in Week 4 against the Seattle Seahawks, so the additional day and a half could allow him to return early. Daboll also might just be engaging in meaningless coach speak. Matt Breida and Gary Brightwell will likely split backfield work again in Week 4 if Barkley remains unavailable.
The Seahawks’ run defense ranks 12th in numberFire’s opponent-adjusted NEP model, but their pass defense is 26th, so the Giants may try to focus more on their aerial "attack" on Monday night. Breida is the RB35 and Brightwell is the RB38 in our Week 4 rankings.
- Jayden Reed (chest) absent again Thursday for Packers November 30th, 2023
- AJ Dillon (groin) returns to Packers practice Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Tank Dell (calf) back at Texans practice Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Travis Etienne (chest) day-to-day for Jaguars November 30th, 2023
- Bailey Zappe preparing to start Week 13 for Patriots November 30th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Giants' Darius Slayton (neck) doubtful for Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Darius Slayton (arm) won't return in Week 11 for New York November 19th, 2023
- Giants' Jalin Hyatt (concussion) available for Week 11 November 17th, 2023
- Tommy DeVito making another start Week 11 for Giants November 15th, 2023
- Giants' Jalin Hyatt (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 15th, 2023
- Jalin Hyatt (concussion) won't return in Week 10 for Giants November 12th, 2023