Lions' David Montgomery (thigh bruise) gets limited designation for estimated Monday practice
The Detroit Lions listed running back David Montgomery (thigh bruise) as a limited participant in Monday's estimated injury report for Week 4.
The Lions did not practice this afternoon, but were required to submit an estimated injury report ahead of their Thursday Night Football tilt against the Packers in Week 4. Montgomery, who missed Week 3 due to his thigh bruise, appears close to a return -- even if the short week does him no favors. The Lions' running game totaled just 112 yards without him last week and seemed to struggle in short-yardage situations.
Montgomery has stepped right into the "Jamaal Williams" role this season, scoring twice in his first two games as a Detroit Lion. Rookie teammate Jahmyr Gibbs' Week 3 performance likely wasn't enough for the team to reduce Montgomery's expected workload this season.
- Brian Robinson Jr. (hamstring) won't return for Commanders in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Texans' Tank Dell (ankle) will not return in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Rhamondre Stevenson (ankle) won't return for Patriots in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Chris Godwin (neck) active for Bucs in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Steelers' Kenny Pickett (ankle) questionable to return December 3rd, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett helped to sidelines in Week 13; Mitchell Trubisky in at quarterback December 3rd, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) logs full practice on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- David Montgomery (foot) limited Wednesday for Lions November 29th, 2023
- David Montgomery (ribs) available for Lions in Week 10 November 10th, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (ribs) "on track" for Week 10 clash with Chargers November 9th, 2023
- Detroit's David Montgomery (ribs) full participant in Wednesday's practice November 8th, 2023