Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley confirmed to Taylor Rooks via NFL on Prime that he is recovering from a high ankle sprain.
Barkley has already been ruled out for tonight's game against the San Francisco 49ers, but told Rooks he is optimistic about his chances to return in Week 4 after the long week of rest. We've seen high ankle sprains severely limit otherwise outstanding NFL players in the past -- including Barkley himself -- so this will absolutely be a situation worth monitoring. The star running back was notably not placed on the injured reserve, which would have required him to sit out for the next four games. It's a small comfort, but it does imply that the team expects him to return sooner rather than later.
Barkley will try his best to return to the field as soon as possible, but in the meantime teammate Matt Breida will be expected to carry the load for the Giants. Our models project Breida for 7 fantasy points against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 3.
- Update: Jalen Hurts (head) back in for Eagles in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jalen Hurts being evaluated for concussion for Eagles in Week 13; Marcus Mariota in at quarterback December 3rd, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (concussion) questionable to return for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jayden Reed (chest) active for Packers in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Puka Nacua (ribs) back in for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Amari Cooper (concussion) won't return in Week 13 for Cleveland December 3rd, 2023
- Giants' Darius Slayton (neck) doubtful for Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Darius Slayton (arm) won't return in Week 11 for New York November 19th, 2023
- Giants' Jalin Hyatt (concussion) available for Week 11 November 17th, 2023
- Tommy DeVito making another start Week 11 for Giants November 15th, 2023
- Giants' Jalin Hyatt (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 15th, 2023
- Jalin Hyatt (concussion) won't return in Week 10 for Giants November 12th, 2023