Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2
ESPN insider Dan Graziano believes Chicago Bears running back Roschon Johnson could unseat Khalil Herbert as the team's lead back.
Graziano wrote earlier this week that readers should not "be surprised to see rookie Roschon Johnson emerge as the primary back before long," citing the back's strong training camp performances and the organization's optimistic outlook on his three-down potential. A fourth-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, Johnson has looked like he has what it takes to compete in the NFL through the first two weeks of the season. His 6'2, 222-lbs frame profiles closer to a lead back's stature than Khalil Herbert's, and the team has previously liked Herbert in a more supporting role than the lead back role he currently has. If Johnson is available in any season-long waiver wires, he is definitely worth picking up.
Johnson has looked good with limited work this season, averaging a crisp 5.8 yards per carry on his 9 attempts with a strong 55.6% rushing success rate. He has also seen a surprising number of looks in the passing game and has caught 8 of his 9 targets for 45 yards. The Bears' offense is a bit of a mess right now, but he could become a fantasy-relevant player regardless of the team's offensive woes if he can earn a strong enough role.
- Update: Amari Cooper (concussion) won't return in Week 13 for Cleveland December 3rd, 2023
- Amari Cooper (head) questionable to return for Browns in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Puka Nacua (ribs) questionable to return for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Puka Nacua (cramps) back in for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Puka Nacua (cramps) questionable to return in Week 13 for Rams December 3rd, 2023
- Rapoport: Tank Dell suffered fractured fibula in Week 13, to be placed on Texans' IR December 3rd, 2023
- Bears' D'Onta Foreman (ankle) ruled out for Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- D'Onta Foreman (ankle, shin) doubtful Monday night for Bears in Week 12 November 25th, 2023
- Chicago' D'Onta Foreman (ankle) logs DNP at Thursday practice November 23rd, 2023
- D'Onta Foreman (ankle) questionable to return in Week 11 for Chicago November 19th, 2023
- D'Onta Foreman (ankle) will play for Bears in Week 11 November 19th, 2023
- Fowler: Chicago's D'Onta Foreman (ankle) expected to play in Week 11 November 18th, 2023