Raiders' Davante Adams avoids concussion after scary Week 2 hit
Las Vegas Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels told media members Monday that wide receiver Davante Adams did not suffer a concussion in the team's Week 2 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
Adams took a brutal hit on a deep pass from Jimmy Garoppolo late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to Buffalo and was taken in to be evaluated for a concussion, but fortunately it appears as though Adams was able to avoid suffering an injury on the play. We'll watch his status in practices this week but it looks like the star will be cleared for Week 3 barring any new developments.
Adams caught the Raiders' lone touchdown to open up the scoring in Week 2 and finished the game with 6 catches for 84 yards and a score on 8 targets. The Raiders will look to secure their second win of the season against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 3.
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Aidan O'Connell will be Raiders starting quarterback moving forward November 1st, 2023
- Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo loses job to Aidan O'Connell November 1st, 2023
- Jimmy Garoppolo expected to be replaced as Raiders starter November 1st, 2023
- Aidan O'Connell likely starting for Raiders Week 9 over Jimmy Garoppolo November 1st, 2023
- Jimmy Garoppolo (back) will start for Raiders in Week 8 October 28th, 2023
- Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo (back) logs full practice on Friday October 27th, 2023