Christian Watson (hamstring) not expected to play in Packers' Week 2 contest
The Green Bay Packers are not expected to have wide receiver Christian Watson (hamstring) available for their Week 2 game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Watson is trending towards missing a second straight game to open the year after suffering a hamstring injury in the final days of training camp. The second-year pro avoided the injured reserve, so it's clear the team is hoping for a full recovery sooner rather than later. It looks like he will now shift his focus towards returning for the team's Week 3 game against the New Orleans Saints.
With Watson sidelined, teammates Romeo Doubs and Jayden Reed will be expected to continue operating as the team's top pass-catchers. Doubs led the way in Week 1 and carries a $6,300 salary to go with his 9.3-fantasy-point-projection, while Reed ($5,100) is projected to score 8.7 fantasy points against the Falcons' untested secondary.
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Dontayvion Wicks (knee, concussion) unavailable for Packers in Week 12 November 23rd, 2023
- A.J. Dillon (groin) active for Packers' Week 12 game Thursday November 23rd, 2023
- AJ Dillon (groin) expected to play Thanksgiving for Packers November 22nd, 2023
- Packers' Dontayvion Wicks (concussion/knee) questionable Thursday November 22nd, 2023
- Packers' Christian Watson (shoulder) available for Week 12 November 22nd, 2023
- Jayden Reed (chest) cleared for Packers Week 12 November 22nd, 2023