Jets hope Zach Wilson will benefit from tutelage under Aaron Rodgers (Achilles)
The New York Jets are hoping that the relationship Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) fostered this offseason will have positive effects on Wilson's growth as a quarterback.
The Jets were expecting Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) to handle their quarterbacking duties for the 2023 season, but will now change their expectations to hopes that Rodgers was able to help steer third-year quarterback Zach Wilson in the right direction during their time together. From most reports it does seem as though Wilson and Rodgers developed a strong bond this offseason, but we will need to wait and see whether that bond translates into improved quarterback play from Wilson.
Wilson was almost singlehandedly responsible for keeping the Jets out of the playoffs in 2022, averaging an anemic 4.97 adjusted net yards per attempt that year. He did not look much better in Week 1 this year in relief of Rodgers against the Bills' solid defense, and could feasibly crumble against the Dallas Cowboys' elite defense in Week 2. He is numberFire's QB32 for Week 2, dead last among starting quarterbacks.
- Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited at Steelers practice November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited again Tuesday for Cowboys November 28th, 2023
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release running back Keaontay Ingram on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- Allen Lazard officially a healthy Week 12 scratch for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Allen Lazard reportedly inactive Week 12 for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) upgraded Wednesday for Jets November 22nd, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) limited for Jets to start short week November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Tim Boyle taking over as Jets starter Week 12 November 20th, 2023
- Jets' Zach Wilson loses starting job to Tim Boyle November 20th, 2023