Jets expected to 'play it safe' with Breece Hall (knee) in Week 1
The New York Jets are planning to "play it safe" with running back Breece Hall (knee) in their Monday night Week 1 game against the Buffalo Bills, Ian Rapoport reports.
The Jets seemed strangely optimistic about Hall's ACL recovery timeline all summer before signing Dalvin Cook in free agency in the middle of training camp, so it looks like we might have to wait at least a few weeks before we can expect Hall to pick up where he left off in the 2022 fantasy season -- as a breakout RB1 contender. Rapoport reported that the Jets are planning to lean heavily on Cook in Week 1 while they play it safe with their talented young second-year back.
Hall is currently the RB27 in numberFire's 2023 season-long projections, coming in just behind Cook's RB25 ranking. If this does end up as a split backfield, Hall's chances for a true breakout may need to wait until 2024.
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) returns to Titans practice Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Quentin Johnston (ribs/finger) practicing in full Week 13 for Chargers November 29th, 2023
- Packers' A.J. Dillon (groin) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Dolphins' Raheem Mostert (ankle, knee) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Houston's Noah Brown (knee) limited on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Jets' Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) designated to return from IR November 29th, 2023
- Allen Lazard officially a healthy Week 12 scratch for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Allen Lazard reportedly inactive Week 12 for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) upgraded Wednesday for Jets November 22nd, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) limited for Jets to start short week November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Tim Boyle taking over as Jets starter Week 12 November 20th, 2023