Kareem Hunt expected to sign with Saints
The New Orleans Saints are expected to sign running back Kareem Hunt if he passes his physical and is in shape, reports Dianna Russini of ESPN.
Hunt will likely step in as the Saints' primary pass-catching back while Alvin Kamara is suspended for the first three games of the season. However, Hunt turned 28 in August and is coming off the least efficient season of his career as both a runner and receiver, so he may take a backseat once Kamara is active. Fellow free-agent addition Jamaal Williams and third-round rookie Kendre Miller are also expected to have roles in the Saints' backfield.
Hunt rushed 123 times for 468 yards and 3 touchdowns, with 35 catches on 44 targets for 210 yards and 1 touchdown, for the Cleveland Browns last season. He set career-lows in yards per carry (3.8) and yards per target (4.8). For comparison, Kamara averaged 4.0 yards per carry and 6.4 yards per target.
- Jets' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Breece Hall (hamstring) good to go for Jets' Week 13 tilt December 3rd, 2023
- Ezekiell Elliott (thigh) suiting up for Patriots in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Texans' Tank Dell (calf) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Keenan Allen (quad) cleared in Week 13 for Los Angeles December 3rd, 2023
- Cardinals clear Marquise Brown (heel) for Week 13 game December 3rd, 2023
- Kareem Hunt (groin) good to go for Browns in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Joe Flacco starting for Cleveland in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Cleveland's Amari Cooper (ribs) available in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson (concussion) out for Week 13, Joe Flacco to start against Rams December 1st, 2023
- Browns name Joe Flacco as backup quarterback November 29th, 2023
- Cleveland's Kareem Hunt (groin) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023