Falcons have 'nothing but great things to say' about Desmond Ridder
Atlanta Falcons head coach Arthur Smith said he has "nothing but great things to say" about second-year quarterback Desmond Ridder.
Ridder entered the league as a third-round pick in the 2022 season, eventually ousting incumbent starter Marcus Mariota towards the end of that season. The Cincinnati alum didn't immediately shine in his truncated debut campaign, but the Falcons' brass and Ridder's teammates have all spoken highly of the young signal caller this offseason. He will enter the 2023 season as the team's starting quarterback while Taylor Heinicke operates as the backup.
Ridder is numberFire's fantasy QB32 for the upcoming season. He'll be surrounded by a top-notch supporting cast, including first round picks Drake London, Kyle Pitts, and Bijan Robinson, and will get to play behind one of the stronger offensive lines in the league. The Falcons do not project for strong passing volume, though, which could severely impinge Ridder's ability to score fantasy points.
- Jets' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Breece Hall (hamstring) good to go for Jets' Week 13 tilt December 3rd, 2023
- Ezekiell Elliott (thigh) suiting up for Patriots in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Texans' Tank Dell (calf) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Keenan Allen (quad) cleared in Week 13 for Los Angeles December 3rd, 2023
- Cardinals clear Marquise Brown (heel) for Week 13 game December 3rd, 2023
- Desmond Ridder confirmed as Falcons Week 12 starter November 21st, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) benched, likely out this week for Falcons November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Falcons to start Desmond Ridder going forward after Week 11 bye November 19th, 2023
- Falcons considering another quarterback switch after Week 11 bye November 13th, 2023
- Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) expected to be fine for Falcons November 13th, 2023
- Update: Taylor Heinicke (hamstring) won't return in Week 10 for Atlanta; Desmond Ridder in November 12th, 2023