Payton: Broncos "have a vision" for Greg Dulcich's role
Denver Broncos tight end Greg Dulcich is in store for a larger role in his second season, according to head coach Sean Payton.
Getting used to the Denver lingo, Payton referred to Dulich as a "Joker," alluding to Nuggets' two-time MVP Nikola Jokic. The plan is to "work matchups" with the dynamic tight end, finding ways to exploit defenses using his talents. "He's got a unique skill set," Payton said. "He's got traits. In the passing game we use the term 'Joker' where you can get matchups." The Broncos' tight end room curently has Albert Okwuegbunam and Adam Trautman also competing for snaps, but if Dulcich can be unlocked, that will greatly help Russell Wilson bounce back from a dreadful first season with the team.
Our models currently project Dulcich for 45.28 catches on 69.15 targets for 483.42 yards and 3.91 touchdowns this season. He's currently the TE18.
- Christian Watson (hamstring) resting Thursday for Packers September 21st, 2023
- Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to Packers practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- David Montgomery (thigh) DNP again Thursday for Lions September 21st, 2023
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (toe) back at Lions practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Joe Burrow (calf) considered day-to-day for Bengals September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Broncos place Greg Dulcich (hamstring) on injured reserve, out at least 4 games September 16th, 2023
- Jerry Jeudy (hamstring) will play in Denver's Week 2 matchup versus Washington September 15th, 2023
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (hamstring) upgraded to full practice on Thursday September 14th, 2023
- Denver's Jerry Jeudy (hamstring) limited on Wednesday September 13th, 2023
- Greg Dulcich (hamstring) out multiple games for Broncos September 12th, 2023
- Greg Dulcich (leg) won't return in Week 1 for Denver September 10th, 2023